How we get our Christmas trees in Oregon

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I refuse to be a girly man and buy a fake tree, or get one at the local grocery store. This is how us manly men do it in Oregon!:wink2:
The downside to this....is that the tree farm I cut this tree at is on my route, and tomorrow I will be screwed. There is 6" of snow up there and its going to freeze tonight. 16 stops per hour? Not gonna happen with chains on. And we are supposed to have record cold temps all week, so it wont be melting any time soon.:anxious:
Xmas Tree3.jpg
Xmas Tree2.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Very "Chevy Chase-like" !! It gives me goose bumps and shivers to see the cold and snow.

My tree comes from a box in 3 pieces, pre-lit with a 1000 multicolored lights and perfectly cone-shaped. I can get the pine fragrance from spray, candles or reed diffusers.

I give you credit for keeping your traditions in place. Did the kids/grandkids stay home ????

Bad Gas!

Oregon is a very beautiful state.My wifr just said she wanted to go there one day today.That is a cool tree.I envy your snow as we get 10 inchs per decade in Ga....But I don't envy driving the pkg car on the icy roads...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It must be going around........the snow I mean. We are supposed to get 6-12 in down to 3500' by the middle of the week. This might be a VERY long week. I guess we are getting your storm Sober.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I give you credit for keeping your traditions in place. Did the kids/grandkids stay home ????

My son went with me, he took the picture. Normally I drive my whole family up there in our minivan and we just tie the tree to the roof rack, but there was so much snow on the road that the van would never have made it without chaining up. So I fired up my trusty old '76 Chevy 4x4 pickup, locked in the hubs, put 'er in 4-Lo and away we went, just my son and I. There isnt room in the truck for all 4 of us, so my wife and daughter stayed home and drank hot cocoa.
I am proud of the fact that I have never bought a fake or pre-cut tree. There are lots of tree farms around here and you can buy a nice, fresh Douglas fir for $10 or $15. Lots of small family farms make extra money selling trees, and when Christmas is over you can take your tree down to the local pulp mill to be recycled into bark mulch or pulp for newsprint. Its better for the enviornment and it supports the local economy.

Channahon

For my entire life, have always had a real tree. My sisters have gone the way of artificial, but for some reason, my husband and I every year, look for the best place to get the "real deal". I don't think it is Christmas, if we don't cut off the trunk, struggle to get it to stand straight.

Make sure there is a light on every branch, to shine bright, get sentimental with the ornaments, collected over the years.

And every year, we say, this year's tree is better than last year.

But after 28 years of marriage, who knows, just makes us feel better, year after year!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to ALL!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We always do a real tree too. Artificial just doesn't cut it, in my opinion. I have cut a few down myself on a Christmas tree farm on an old route a long time ago, but now we just go to Lowes. We did a "Chrismon Tree" this year, it has white lights, red, gold, and silver ornaments, and angels on it. I always struggled to get the tree standing up straight, then the rest of the family finishes decorating it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I refuse to be a girly man and buy a fake tree, or get one at the local grocery store. This is how us manly men do it in Oregon!:wink2:
The downside to this....is that the tree farm I cut this tree at is on my route, and tomorrow I will be screwed. There is 6" of snow up there and its going to freeze tonight. 16 stops per hour? Not gonna happen with chains on. And we are supposed to have record cold temps all week, so it wont be melting any time soon.:anxious:

Wow, doesn't even need ornaments or garland. Just leave the snow right on it, sober.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I would've chosen the tree behind you. Let me know if I can borrow your chainsaw...btw...your chainsaw looks new...which brand did you get?