How will this work

TheKid99

Bid sheet went out in February for four service provider (package delivery driver) job ft permanent.

They picked the four highest seniority guys that signed the list.

All four went to driving school.

They've been waiting for their training route since March... still waiting.

One guy changed his mind and let hr know yesterday he want to stay a package handler.

My question is will they pick the next highest seniority on the list or will they post a bid?

clean hairy

My guess would be the bid list from Feb would be stale, and a new bid list would be posted.
Best to check with the Union to get their feedback on it.

TheKid99

My guess would be the bid list from Feb would be stale, and a new bid list would be posted.
Best to check with the Union to get their feedback on it.

Thanks i have a feeling this may happen but i just wanted some input.

I asked because the guy never actually went into driving thus the next highest bidder on the list would get his spot.

He is an sat air driver though.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Thanks i have a feeling this may happen but i just wanted some input.

I asked because the guy never actually went into driving thus the next highest bidder on the list would get his spot.

He is an sat air driver though.

This is another issue that is based on local practices.

Almost nothing is "standardized."

Where I am, they will go off the original list and take the next highest seniority PTer.

The intent sheet is valid for 1 year.

Other areas will be different. Check with your Steward or BA to find your local practices.

upschuck

Not just to the Local but sent to District HQ in Earth City. Our management team is not trusted to do anything.
We thought it was weird when they couldn't decide the winner of a bid locally here, too. Didn't know if the local management team screwed up on a bid, or what, but sounds like it might be nationally done know. Evidently, they don't have enough to do in those ranks.

TheKid99

I got called for a full time driving spot

She did a MVR

Impeding did not show up but the suspended license did...

b.s unreal no moving violations on my record but because the suspended license showed I have to wait until December....

But I could go to the court and ask them if they could remove/expunge the suspended license but I'm pretty sure they will say no so Ill wait until January.