How will you vote on $200 retire health and union helth plan?

twoweeled

THE ANSWER IS TO VOTE NO on this proposal from the Teamsters.

ANYTHING LESS than the Teamsters notifying the Membership that "their" current health care plans will be maintained as they are now for the next 5 years or over the life of the next contract means a NO VOTE.

DONT BE FOOLED my brothers and sisters.

Once the Teamsters have control over your health care, they can change it WITHOUT your permission.

THiS ALONE should disqualify the Teamsters from controlling our health care plans. Just because "DAVE" likes his union health care plan, that doesnt mean that "HIS" plan is equal to or better than the PPO top notch plans that the rest of us are on.

"DAVE" has higher copays and participation percentages than the rest of us in the Blue Shield PPO plans on the west coast.

Increases in copays and participation percentages is an unacceptable value of this proposal.

I RECOMMEND A "NO" vote on this proposal.

Your local will "sell you" this proposal because thats what they are told to do. WE have to inform our locals that "THEY" cannot accept these terms and kick the issue back to hall to negotiate with the company to maintain our current health care plans as they are.

Peace

TOS

You are so right. It's sad that many people just don't think about tomorrow, or others (i.e. retirees). but when tomorrow shows up (and it will), they wonder what happened to the retirement plans and medical they heard we used to have. Things are turning bad, very quickly here, and it's our fault! We put our own heads on that chopping block and ask; what happened??

twoweeled

I have had the company plan for my entire UPS career and it has just been excellent. And quite honestly I'll gladly pay
$200 a month to keep it while I'm retired. And I wish they would offer it post 65, even at an increased cost.

​I'm sorry to say. but it's because you'll gladly pay it, that they will gladly charge you for it!

twoweeled

Hell down south in the Central States plan we already have to pay 200 per month for insurance when we retire and that is for a single person. A married person who wants to put his/her spouse on their insurance will pay 500 per month for insurance and, you can only get that if you are 55 years old..Our Union really screwed us Central States members with this overpriced *****ty insurance. When I started 26 years ago, we had 20 and out with paid insurance as well as 25 and 30 out with paid insurance. All that is gone, except for the 25 and out and hell with the way things are going that may be gone this year.. Bottom line is contract after contract our Union has sold us out and we are now at a place where there is no more to give. Retiring when I had planned on it is gone.

The Central States plan is horrible at best. They will not pay claims, and if you file an appeal it is always denied.. They are a bunch of crooks, that embezzled millions of the members money. Nobody was ever held accountable for the missing funds.. go figure !

Personally, I would rather get on the companies insurance plan even if I had to pay a small amount. I would save several thousands of dollars each year. I would never consider paying more that 100 per month for insurance so the companies proposal for the 30/60/90 is out of the question.. Of course I would rather pay nothing, for good insurance , if I were given an option of free Central States, or a small amount for good insurance, I would pay the small amount for good insurance.

I will never understand why our Union ever allowed the corrupt Central States to handle our insurance and pension... bottom line THEY SUCK !!!!

The Union is prohibited from bargaining for current retirees, but they can negotiate for future retirees. That's an important distinction, and nobody is selling out the current retirees. More misinformation from TDU.

Do you really think retirees health care will remain at $50 a month. I don't! I think they will be sold out. But I hope your right, and I'm wrong!

Inthegame

Although, I think we all knew the union would be selling out the retirees. Sadly, our union is also political, and since retirees don't vote, who care about them!! Loyalty you say? What loyalty? That word went out with that other word; integrity didn't it?
No, WE all don't think the union will be selling out retirees. Retirees never had the vote so using your logic they'd have no coverage at all. Actives vote, and actives will one day retire. How do you think the $50 per month retiree rate ever came to be? It came to be because the union you're so willing to rip negotiated that rate. The dirty little (not so) secret is the cost for coverage HAS gone up, and UPS, NOT THE UNION, wants to shift those costs.