how would i become a driver

Box Ox

i work in the hub how do i become a driver. just got hired permanent part time btw

Ever seen the last 20 minutes of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where he's in the Temple of the Holy Grail? The process is a lot like that. Every center and hub has a similar temple hidden underneath it with challenges you must successfully pass to become a FT driver. The temple door is typically hidden somewhere in the break room. Ask around for the secret password you'll need to get it open if you find it.

brostalss

IMG_1119.JPG

Gotta play Plinko

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I post a pic of a fully clothed 90 year old twerking and it’s shut down within 5 minutes... I bet this will gets posted to the brown cafe hall of fame quotes page.... lmao....

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
i work in the hub how do i become a driver
just stay in the hub , don’t become a driver. I remember when I was a young pup on preload wondering “why do all these drivers complain” and , “ why do all these long time preloaders not drive”. You will soon find the answer too my union brother ..

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I screwed myself by not signing a bid when I first started at UPS. So I learned to sign any bid I am interested in. You never know you could get lucky.

We had a shop rebid last summer and I signed all the day shift bids that I knew I did not have the seniority for. Because why the hell not, anything could happen.

Last edited:

just stay in the hub , don’t become a driver. I remember when I was a young pup on preload wondering “why do all these drivers complain” and , “ why do all these long time preloaders not drive”. You will soon find the answer too my union brother ..
I am still wondering why all these drivers complain. What a bunch of babies.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I am still wondering why all these drivers complain. What a bunch of babies.
Depends which one of the 30 different routes I do. One route I love my job , next route I’m pulling my hair out. Extra routes are by far the best , no air , no pickups.

Box Ox

I post a pic of a fully clothed 90 year old twerking and it’s shut down within 5 minutes... I bet this will gets posted to the brown cafe hall of fame quotes page.... lmao....

@MyTripisCut likely meant to type "pens". Mod @Indecisi0n probably understands that it's easy to accidentally slip an "i" in there when typing something like "Show me your pens", or "I could really use some good pens right now".

The real question is what state and what center that was in... supposedly he has worked in more centers and buildings than anyone else in the history of ups...
I’m still a rookie. Haven’t driven in 10 buildings yet. Maybe I can start a career when I get my 25 year pension lock.