How Would I Determine Where I'll Land

Fly713

In my hub there are two centers currently.. But within the next 3-6 months or so there supposed to bring some old routes back that left a few years back and keep all the present ones.. Expand the building and create a 3rd center..... The building how it is currently is split kind of crazy geographically but now there suppose to resolve that issue and create the new center by combining an area of the two old centers and the new routes will be retained by an existing center...

My question is how do I determine where I will go? I'm in the Group that Zip Codes are allegedly going to the new center so I assume that's where I'll land.... But because I'm an unassigned full time driver does that even matter?

Sent using BrownCafe App

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Your situation is covered in your local supplement. Get it out and read it.
No it isn't. This is ish that ups does all the time. It is not in master or supplement stating specific rules on this subject. Same as the bs bids that get posted stating " subject to extreme change or disillusion .

CHALLY9TX

By group do you mean center? Seems that they would move cover drivers to the new center based on cover drivers preference. Following seniority of course....

Sent using BrownCafe App

Fly713

By group do you mean center? Seems that they would move cover drivers to the new center based on cover drivers preference. Following seniority of course....

Sent using BrownCafe App

Well our centers are seperated by groups (zips) so the group that in is supposed to be part of the new center forming.... Our center has 5 groups it's fairly big has 150+ drivers

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

In the past unassigned fulltime drivers in my area have been allowed to follow work that was moved to another building because none of the bid drivers wanted to move. Sounds like things have changed since then.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
When UPS opened a new building near here entire centers moved and everyone in that center had to go. The only way to stay was to win a bid on a route in a center that wasn't moving. Those all got snatched up by very senior drivers. After the move then it was possible but difficult to bid back to the original building if it was a city wide bid.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
And I was a cover driver that just went full time... So now I'm just unassigned ft for now

Sent using BrownCafe App[/quote

I'd say don't worry about it. I am willing to bet you will have a full buggy to hop into and go. You will be at the bottom of any list. Not much to pick from when you do bid. You will wish for that split you have now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Normally you follow your work. In this case being a cover guy you'll go wherever they need you, possibly on the routes you already know so they have less training to do.