Howard Dean Lies to college students

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You have to tell them lies and brainwash them while they are young...

Howard Dean gave a lecture at Carnegie Mellon University on March 24:

Claimed Republicans controlled the House and the Senate for six years while George W. Bush was President.

I guess Dean forgot that while he was governor of Vermont, a Republican Senator from his state by the name of Jim Jeffords defected from the GOP on May 24, 2001, giving the Democrats back the Senate.
As such, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress less than 4 1/2 years while Bush was in the White House.
But why should the holier-than-thou Dean know what happened in his very state right under his very nose?

He claimed that in 2008, more people under the age of 35 voted than over the age of 35.

As you can see from the exit polls, 36 percent of voters that year were 39 and younger; 64 percent were 40 and older.
What Dean told these students wasn't even close to the truth.

Exit polls: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#USP00p1

My favorite lie from Dean as he plays the typcial Liberal Race card:

Dean said, "Charter schools were a creation of the Right. Charter schools were created originally to maintain segregation in the South to avoid the anti-discrimination stuff that was coming out of the courts, and then to attack the teachers unions."

Really? Well, that's not the way Wikipedia records the history of charter schools:

The charter school idea in the United States was originated by Ray Budde, a professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and embraced by Albert Shanker, President of the American Federation of Teachers, in 1988 when he called for the reform of the public schools by establishing "charter schools" or "schools of choice". At the time, a few schools already existed that were not called charter schools but embodied some of their principles, such as H-B Woodlawn. As originally conceived, the ideal model of a charter school was as a legally and financially autonomous public school (without tuition, religious affiliation, or selective student admissions) that would operate much like a private business—free from many state laws and district regulations, and accountable more for student outcomes rather than for processes or inputs (such as Carnegie Units and teacher certification requirements).
Minnesota was the first state to pass a charter school law in 1991. California was second, in 1992.
So, the concept was created by a Massachusetts professor and not in the South for racist reasons. As for the intent to attack the teachers' unions, the president of the AFT was involved.

Read more at the link below. Dean even spews the typical FOX news bashing he is well known for:

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/04/03/howard-dean-tells-college-students-fox-news-lies-then-lies-them-numer#ixzz1IZAy8UdR

wkmac

Claimed Republicans controlled the House and the Senate for six years while George W. Bush was President.

I guess Dean forgot that while he was governor of Vermont, a Republican Senator from his state by the name of Jim Jeffords defected from the GOP on May 24, 2001, giving the Democrats back the Senate.
As such, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress less than 4 1/2 years while Bush was in the White House.
But why should the holier-than-thou Dean know what happened in his very state right under his very nose?

He claimed that in 2008, more people under the age of 35 voted than over the age of 35.

As you can see from the exit polls, 36 percent of voters that year were 39 and younger; 64 percent were 40 and older.

Dean said, "Charter schools were a creation of the Right. Charter schools were created originally to maintain segregation in the South to avoid the anti-discrimination stuff that was coming out of the courts, and then to attack the teachers unions."

Really? Well, that's not the way Wikipedia records the history of charter schools:

The charter school idea in the United States was originated by Ray Budde, a professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and embraced by Albert Shanker, President of the American Federation of Teachers, in 1988 when he called for the reform of the public schools by establishing "charter schools" or "schools of choice". At the time, a few schools already existed that were not called charter schools but embodied some of their principles, such as H-B Woodlawn. As originally conceived, the ideal model of a charter school was as a legally and financially autonomous public school (without tuition, religious affiliation, or selective student admissions) that would operate much like a private business—free from many state laws and district regulations, and accountable more for student outcomes rather than for processes or inputs (such as Carnegie Units and teacher certification requirements).
Minnesota was the first state to pass a charter school law in 1991. California was second, in 1992.
So, the concept was created by a Massachusetts professor and not in the South for racist reasons. As for the intent to attack the teachers' unions, the president of the AFT was involved.

Read more at the link below. Dean even spews the typical FOX news bashing he is well known for:

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/04/03/howard-dean-tells-college-students-fox-news-lies-then-lies-them-numer#ixzz1IZAy8UdR

My apologies to Klein as it's now apparent that Moreluck has been hanging out with Howard Dean or has Dean been hanging out with Moreluck?
:surprised:
:wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Perhaps they'll invite Howard Dean to speak at Hillsdale College. That's the place where you can send your child to get a 4-year degree in Libertarian Idiocy. I wonder if the faculty at Hillsdale has any agenda?

moreluck

golden ticket member
it's now apparent that Moreluck has been hanging out with Howard Dean or has Dean been hanging out with Moreluck?
:surprised:
:wink2:
C'mon, I don't hang with YAHOOS !!!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Shocker, a democrat lying to young people to get them to give away their hard earned money to "the needy" and kill their young.

When presented with FACTS, I don't know/why ANYONE would choose to be a liberal....I just don't

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Shocker, a democrat lying to young people to get them to give away their hard earned money to "the needy" and kill their young.

When presented with FACTS, I don't know/why ANYONE would choose to be a liberal....I just don't

Would those be Faux (FOX) facts? I love the way you Righties believe everything you are fed by the usual suspects. If you'd have bothered to go beyond high school, perhaps you'd be able to utilize the critical thinking skills exhibited by most of the "over-educated" Left.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you want to sidle up to the ACLU....that's your choice. I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 ft. pole.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Would those be Faux (FOX) facts? I love the way you Righties believe everything you are fed by the usual suspects. If you'd have bothered to go beyond high school, perhaps you'd be able to utilize the critical thinking skills exhibited by most of the "over-educated" Left.

Again, we're all dummies if we didn't go to college.........I'm getting tired of the view of your nostrils!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Again, we're all dummies if we didn't go to college.........I'm getting tired of the view of your nostrils!!!

I'm not looking down on anyone. Bill Gates is a famous college droput, and there are many others. In general, as in not all the time or not always, Liberals tend to be better educated than Conservatives. It's very evident in the type of programming utilized by FOX and other Right Wing media outlets. It's also quite easy to spot in speeches and conversations with Right wing politicians. They know their audience demographic isn't so bright. Sarah Palin has especially strong appeal to the non-critical thinkers out there.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The left.....Over-Educated????Please

Most of the people who voted for BO are not even educated. Its nothing to do with FOX news, which you liberals think we get ALL of our ideas from. (you sound like my brother....Jim, is that you?)

Also, for the record I did go to college and am a pretty smart guy. I'm not some dumb redneck who only does what fox news tells me.

hmmm, I was a conservative way before Fox News even existed. Critical thinking? I guess when you put 5 cents in the jar and then commit to spending ten cents, that's critical thinking.

moreluck

golden ticket member
One film clip sticks in my mind from when B.O. was elected........one lady standing in the crowd, happy as could be and saying, "Obama's gonna pay my mortgage!" Lemming!

Last year we were having metal covers installed on the eves of our house. The man that was setting us up told us a story about some of the estimates he had done in the previous year. One was a really poor family that lived in a lower income neighborhood. The house was probably 60-70 years old and had seen very little if any maintenance, the cost to add siding, a re-shingling roof and storm doors was higher than the worth of the house even considering the upgrades. At this point of the story, I was feeling really bad for this family and wondered how they could afford to do this much improvement. The man then told us that the couple were going to have to wait till Obama's stimulus check came in to do the work. They were so glad they had voted for 0, because he was gonna take care of them.The estimator said this was just one of many "customers" that expressed similar thinking.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
hmmm, I was a conservative way before Fox News even existed. Critical thinking? I guess when you put 5 cents in the jar and then commit to spending ten cents, that's critical thinking.

Ronald Reagan spent us into a huge deficit with military spending and raised taxes several times for the middle class. He dropped them for the rich, for whom you are obviously a lap dog. Ronnie was quite the critical thnker, especially when he made crucial decisions based on astrological forecasts.

Ronald Reagan spent us into a huge deficit with military spending and raised taxes several times for the middle class. He dropped them for the rich, for whom you are obviously a lap dog. Ronnie was quite the critical thnker, especially when he made crucial decisions based on astrological forecasts.
That doesn't change the fact, if you spend more money than you have you will be in trouble.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think trp's nickel / dime scenario is every bit applicable to the nation's economy. Just because it's complicated doesn't mean kitchen table economics won't work. This gov't needs more common sense and less lawyer crap!