How's the crash rate in your center

Inthegame

Actually our numbers now are the real ones. The :censored2: div mgr we had before charged everything as a crash. Fart in your rig and it was an avoidable. Now even minor trailer rubs,minor ones mind you, are looked at as part of the business of a busy yard.
No disrespect brother but you're living in dreamland. I remember many years back at the Jefferson Street hub a driver was having a tough time staging a trailer in a very tight bay. He finally asked a shifter to help out. The shifter hooked to the load, backed in the bay and rubbed both neighboring trailers their entire length. Do that anywhere else and you're charged, and if management looks the other way, they're gone. That what makes these "crash" (deliberate use of a term to place blame) comparisons faulty. I think these PCM's are generated by Atlanta and mindlessly read by center manager's telling EVERY work group they're the worst.

No disrespect brother but you're living in dreamland. I remember many years back at the Jefferson Street hub a driver was having a tough time staging a trailer in a very tight bay. He finally asked a shifter to help out. The shifter hooked to the load, backed in the bay and rubbed both neighboring trailers their entire length. Do that anywhere else and you're charged, and if management looks the other way, they're gone. That what makes these "crash" (deliberate use of a term to place blame) comparisons faulty. I think these PCM's are generated by Atlanta and mindlessly read by center manager's telling EVERY work group they're the worst.

Well, as you said that was many years back. This is this year. I know my yard as I`ve been in it for 16 years now. Our building as big as it is was designed when 53` was the exception in a trl. Now its becoming the rule. And in some places rubbing, with no major damage, is racing.

over9five

Staff member
Well, as you said that was many years back. This is this year. I know my yard as I`ve been in it for 16 years now. Our building as big as it is was designed when 53` was the exception in a trl. Now its becoming the rule. And in some places rubbing, with no major damage, is racing.

Here too. Most of them gypsies, tho UPS is buying some new pretty 53s with the skirts. Add to that the new UPS 53 containers. Sucks looking at my primary, and seeing 10 53' gypsies all in a row.

Right now we`re in a battle to get the staging bays around the perimeter changed from straight to angled as they are repainted. We`ve gone to safety meetings with real world facts and figures only to have I.E. say "We just don`t see the need". Someone (cough) told them "It`s because you don`t have windows in you office".

Inthegame

Right now we`re in a battle to get the staging bays around the perimeter changed from straight to angled as they are repainted. We`ve gone to safety meetings with real world facts and figures only to have I.E. say "We just don`t see the need". Someone (cough) told them "It`s because you don`t have windows in you office".
Was that the same I.E. department that designed the trailer top snow plows that never worked?

Was that the same I.E. department that designed the trailer top snow plows that never worked?

That and the new "stop signs" they are installing on the docks, at a cost of $40k per primary, that are supposed to be so much better than the simple flag procedure used now. EXCEPT only drivers out of the CACH have been PCM`d on them and their use. When the first off property driver kills someone it will be "I told you so".

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
It's just like racing at LeMans. The most difficult thing is heart. To go as fast as possible and keep the car on the road for 24 hours is difficult.

With all we contend with, 9.5 or 10 hour days may as well be 24.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I love how we constantly get lectured on the need to "mantain 4 feet of space on all sides of the car", yet they spot our cars about 4 millimeters apart on the belt due to the overcrowding in our building. They ought to just coat the sides with grease.

menotyou

bella amicizia
A sup covering the preload sort saw that certain trucks had big holes in between them. Decided someone MUST have been mistaken leaving that much space in between. Fixed it for us. He fixed it alright. Belt was shut down for 30 minutes at 6 am. A bulk stop for Fort Drum, 200 pieces which we get ALL THE TIME, had no place to go. The end of the belt on one side is the mall and the other is the warehouse for Kinney's. The center manager was furious. Screaming to find out who moved the trucks. I (I had to) spoke up and said it must have been the monkeys. He didn't laugh. Boy, did I. :rofl:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
A sup covering the preload sort saw that certain trucks had big holes in between them. Decided someone MUST have been mistaken leaving that much space in between. Fixed it for us. He fixed it alright. Belt was shut down for 30 minutes at 6 am. A bulk stop for Fort Drum, 200 pieces which we get ALL THE TIME, had no place to go. The end of the belt on one side is the mall and the other is the warehouse for Kinney's. The center manager was furious. Screaming to find out who moved the trucks. I (I had to) spoke up and said it must have been the monkeys. He didn't laugh. Boy, did I. :rofl:
I bet that never happens again, at least not by that sup. :happy-very:

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Thursday's PCM 2 more accidents in the distract along with 2 injured.

Now get out there work 10 plus hours, make sure that sporh is 2 stops higher per hour then it was 2 years ago.

Oh and it you do something wrong you get a warning letter or fried.