Hub steward advice: representation and harassment

Buru

Loader is ordered to go to another PD by friend.T.. He responds by informing the friend.T. that he has more seniority than a majority of his assigned PD, and that friend.T. needs to go by seniority of the area when sending off employees.
Is this true??

The FT calls over 5 other FTers to gang up on him, and refuse to give him representation.. One friend.T. tells loader that getting the steward while on the clock would only get steward fired.. Eventually loader is intimidated into going to work in another area.
Need Advice??

Steward is pissed that one of the FTers told loader that steward would be terminated if he was brought over to as representation.
More advice??

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Loader is ordered to go to another PD by friend.T.. He responds by informing the friend.T. that he has more seniority than a majority of his assigned PD, and that friend.T. needs to go by seniority of the area when sending off employees.
Is this true??

The FT calls over 5 other FTers to gang up on him, and refuse to give him representation.. One friend.T. tells loader that getting the steward while on the clock would only get steward fired.. Eventually loader is intimidated into going to work in another area.
Need Advice??

Steward is :censored2: that one of the FTers told loader that steward would be terminated if he was brought over to as representation.
More advice??

Work as directed, then file after on them. If you are having any meeting with management and you feel that this meeting could lead to discipline of some sort you absolutely have a right to have a union steward with you. File on that also

ski or die

Ski or Die
FT who told him he could not have a Steward or the Steward would be fired is full of it. I worked inside full time and was a Steward. I would be called to meetings for Clerical, Package Drivers, Feeder Drivers, and Maintenance. The even would send me to other facilities in our city to represent the employees. Never once was I ever threatened to be fired and I wasn't on Managements Christmas list either. I think Management had a poster of me in their offices to beware of this person. Or maybe they just threw darts at it.

Box Ox

When I was a preloader we'd be offered the day off in descending seniority order. But seniority never played a part in specific work assignments. Maybe it's different in a hub.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
#1 Work as Directed
#2 Work First Grieve Later
#3 Weingarten Rights
Ups has the right to send you to any PD they want. Seniority comes in to play with regard to hours: go home early, staying later, vacations, days off, etc.
Always work first and get the steward involved after.
If you feel in a meeting discipline is coming you always invoke your Weingarten rights
"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated I respectfully request that my steward be present at the meeting. Without representation present, I choose not to respond to any questions or statements."
The above is a supreme court ruling. If a steward is not called to represent you union involvement later most likely would negate any discipline.

dudebro

what management did right: instructed you to work in classification in another work area without regard to seniority.

What management did wrong: literally everything else in that exchange

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Loader is ordered to go to another PD by friend.T.

UPS has a right to do this.

He responds by informing the friend.T. that he has more seniority than a majority of his assigned PD

Work as directed and file after the fact. In this case, there is no grievance.

friend.T. needs to go by seniority of the area when sending off employees.

Incorrect.

and refuse to give him representation

Why does he need representation? He is told to go to another PD.

Now, if he refuses to go and the sup starts talking discipline, then representation is necessary and needed.

One friend.T. tells loader that getting the steward while on the clock would only get steward fired

The sup should have called the Steward over and explain to the employee that he needs to go or discipline, failure to follow instructions, may follow. Apparently, there is no respect for the Steward at this building.

Eventually loader is intimidated into going to work in another area.

Should have gone in the first place.

Steward is :censored2: that one of the FTers told loader that steward would be terminated if he was brought over to as representation.

Don't know what you're trying to say here, but in an area where the Steward is not respected by management, there could be an issue with him leaving his work area up until discipline is imminent.

But, in this case, the sup told the employee to go to another PD. The employee basically refused and said he has more seniority than other employees.

We all know what comes next, so a Steward has every right to be there at this point.