Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This sucks. Exactly what someone said happen in 98 is happening now, UPS is laying off peeps before contract time.
Post strike in 97’ is not in anyway comparable to what we are starting to see now. Layoffs then were short term and completely related to getting our volume back up and running.

Today’s layoffs are due to economic/competition headwinds along with preemptive moves by our shippers to better position themselves in case of a strike.

Unfortunately layoffs are gonna be long and painful for those effected.

Pullman Brown

Post strike in 97’ is not in anyway comparable to what we are starting to see now. Layoffs then were short term and completely related to getting our volume back up and running.

Today’s layoffs are due to economic/competition headwinds along with preemptive moves by our shippers to better position themselves in case of a strike.

Unfortunately layoffs are gonna be long and painful for those effected.

Yep, they had no choice but hire drivers due to the shipping circumstances that Covid created and that now has ended.

over9five

Staff member
I heard Friday that 40 package car routes were cut (10 per center here in Chema).
Feeders cut 4, I think (hard to tell, Feeders cut and add all the time).
40 guys going back inside, that's huge.

Nah
They're going to try to get away with whatever they can until we get a new contract.
It's going to be very interesting year
Coca-Cola voted on their second contract proposal
T-force and ABF contract is up at the same time as ours
If I was a feeder driver I'd be raising hell if feeders are in the building and contractors are still pulling loads.