Human Resources now Self Service

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Anyone else get the handout this week that Human Resources is now Self service?

Employees will be directed to log on to upsers.com for information pertaining to HR related questions. If additional assistance is required, employees will be prompted to call H.R.S.C.

Employees will now be responsible to self service
Drivers Licence Updates
DOT card updates
Direct Deposit Changes
Changes in Tax Withholdings
Payroll related Questions

just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
my hr lady was sleeping with two or three different drivers so now what are they to do. oho wait, now our bd lady is doing this. never mind..

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
they should let us PT supes hire people if they're going down that path

i'd bet it would save UPS, and the union, a whole lot of headaches down the road

menotyou

bella amicizia
The PT sup does the hiring in our building. Can't keep anyone. Wacky Macky shouldn't be allowed to hire anything. No offense to you, Tears. She shouldn't be allowed to manage anything, either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Of the five scenarios you listed I can see where issues will arise with the license and DOT cards. Most of us do not keep track of the expiration dates and need to be reminded which could lead to drivers being pulled from the road to get these taken care of. Payroll issues should be handled by your mgt team. Changes to your direct deposit and withholdings should be self-service.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How they choose to handle HR issues is up to them as long as it is understood that I will be filling out any required paperwork (DOT cards, driver license updates etc.) at work and on the clock, not on my personal time or computer.

menotyou

bella amicizia
How they choose to handle HR issues is up to them as long as it is understood that I will be filling out any required paperwork (DOT cards, driver license updates etc.) at work and on the clock, not on my personal time or computer.

That is what they hope everyone won't do.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The PT sup does the hiring in our building. Can't keep anyone. Wacky Macky shouldn't be allowed to hire anything. No offense to you, Tears. She shouldn't be allowed to manage anything, either.

i really feel bad for you guys out there, of the 20 PT supes my building has, only 1, maybe 2 really fall into the jerk-category, and even they're pretty competent

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I can count on my Weenis the amount of times I've had to deal with HR directly. Not even sure where they are located. I know when my card expires and deal with it accordingly.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Of the five scenarios you listed I can see where issues will arise with the license and DOT cards. Most of us do not keep track of the expiration dates and need to be reminded which could lead to drivers being pulled from the road to get these taken care of. Payroll issues should be handled by your mgt team. Changes to your direct deposit and withholdings should be self-service.

DOT physical and Driver license renewal come up as an alert and the OMS prints it out and hands it to us in the AM. I take care of both situations and hand paperwork back to OMS. HR has nothing to do with this in my universe. After I hand it to them, they can fill their couch cushions for all I know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DOT physical and Driver license renewal come up as an alert and the OMS prints it out and hands it to us in the AM. I take care of both situations and hand paperwork back to OMS. HR has nothing to do with this in my universe. After I hand it to them, they can fill their couch cushions for all I know.

Our HR prints out a reminder when we are within 60 days of expiration on both DOT and DL and then again when we are within 30 days. She puts the DOT paperwork in our slots. She follows up to make sure we made an appointment and makes copies of the new card. She makes copies of our new DL.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what the FT HR guy does in my Hub. Everytime I ask him a question about something, he can't answer it. With all the drivers that are out with injuries, you would think he would have some knowlege about workman's comp and other such things. The PT HR woman stays busy hiring and training the big turnover of part timers. Our OMS keeps us updated on DOT Cards and such.

brownelf

Is this something new? It's always been self service here, the only time a HR person appears is when there's a bigwig of some form in the building.