Hundreds of FedEx packages dumped near ravine

HedleyLamarr

Yep, heard about this from a lady who lives in Blount County and works at a Dollar General on my route. There is also a Ground driver in my area who shoves packages in mailboxes. The mail lady takes them and dumps them in my drop box. Ground is useless here; every day I have someone coming up to me asking about a Ground pkg that has lost or stuck at their hub for weeks.

I'd you live in this area and are missing a package, this may be where it is.

Already discussed here already

Star B

White Lightening
The mail lady takes them and dumps them in my drop box.
There was one rural city that the carriers took 'em from the mailboxes, held them at the post office for a few days, and then called the station and tells us to come get our stuff and deliver it properly.

That postmaster did get the dress down from the hometown hero desert storm vet when they took his pills because we delivered it to the mailbox -- during a massive blizzard that the CRR (now retired) has the following concerns:
1) the DR bag would rip to shreds because of the wind and/or the plow driving past flinging crap to the box.
2) the access road to their "subdivision in the woods" (read: there were multiple houses back there and all their mailboxes were on the county hwy) wasn't plowed so he was concerned about getting stuck and with it being a blizzard, a multi-hour wait.
3)the blizzard and wind wasn't going to let up for another day or two so access wouldn't be for quite some time.

The customer got ahold of the CRR directly (that CRR gave his # out to the good customers and the customer networked) and after finding out the CRR put them in the box, the CRR told the customer to come down to the post office at a certain time and both the CRR and the customer showed up.

The conversation went like this "I don't care if it's federal property for that little 2x2 square, I was federal property and these pills are to help me deal with the damage the :censored2: iraqis did to the governments property! I have been getting these for 3 years now and the ONE TIME this guy(the CRR) makes the smart decision during this winter :censored2:storm to make sure my pills are in a safe place and that he is safe, you guys think its okay to steal government-issued property from a government-given "safe place". Give me my :censored2: and if I see your mail carrier stealing anything else out of my mailbox again because someone else makes an intelligent operational decision due to the circumstances -- you won't see that mail carrier ever again."

That postmaster was quite visibly shaken and said "sorry, wont happen again, I'll talk to the carriers and tell them to use discretion from this point forward." From that day, the only times he had to deal with that post office was ground packages and the nice weather days when a swing/wheel just was being lazy and left the amazon envelopes in the mailbox because lazy.

Yes, DEX84 would have been appropriate here, but this CRR was the old just-get-it-done style and it being the guys meds kind of pushed the CRR to bend the rules a little bit.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see the ditch dumping has begun early this year. Nothing new--every year there is a story similar to this one. UPS has had their share of ditch dumpers.

rod

Retired 22 years
AARaPGq.img

Looks like they tossed them out the door without even stopping :-)