Hundreds of new jobs coming to massive UPS warehouse in Tacoma

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hundreds of new jobs coming to massive UPS warehouse in Tacoma - The News Tribune

About 800 to 1,200 new jobs could come to Tacoma when United Parcel Service moves into a large warehouse on the Tacoma Tideflats.

The international shipping giant recently landed a lease for the 770,000-square-foot space from Prologis, a San Francisco company that invests in industrial real estate.

These are new jobs coming to the region, a UPS spokeswoman confirmed on Tuesday. The company will hire in time to support the 2017 holiday shipping season.

UPS also has a freight-handling facility in Kent and a small customer service center in Fife. Both will remain open.

TheDick

My center was supposed to get one, but when the city found out that all the employees were going tobe Temps except for the management they took back all the tax incentives away som they didnt build it for my center to handle.

I gotta give props to that city for standing up for real friggin jobs

W

What The Hawk?

I'm more interested in the massive UPS warehouse going up in Lynnwood, WA. I'm pretty sure they're shutting mine down and transferring us all there because it'll serve a much greater area. I'm excited.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Hundreds of new jobs coming to massive UPS warehouse in Tacoma - The News Tribune

About 800 to 1,200 new jobs could come to Tacoma when United Parcel Service moves into a large warehouse on the Tacoma Tideflats.

The international shipping giant recently landed a lease for the 770,000-square-foot space from Prologis, a San Francisco company that invests in industrial real estate.

These are new jobs coming to the region, a UPS spokeswoman confirmed on Tuesday. The company will hire in time to support the 2017 holiday shipping season.

UPS also has a freight-handling facility in Kent and a small customer service center in Fife. Both will remain open.
Actually there are 2 in Fife

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
A place for car wash to work competently and be compliant with runoff rules without flooding the building. A fuel island. Security from outsiders wandering in uninvited or breaking in and stealing equipment.