Hurricane Irma

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We got pulled off the road at 4 PM in the Atlanta area. Trees and power lines were starting to come down. I had 102 stops off by then. I brought back 34 that were mostly an add/cutt.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
IMG_1340.JPG

rod

Retired 22 years
We got pulled off the road at 4 PM in the Atlanta area. Trees and power lines were starting to come down. I had 102 stops off by then. I brought back 34 that were mostly an add/cutt.

Why in hell would anyone wait until trees and power lines were coming down?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Just like pre-DIAD during blizzards they would call your pickups to call you in.

Kinda sucked out in the sticks on a route with no pickups.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Somebody in Texas posted on a Teamsters Facebook page that the company gave them $500 because of Harvey. When New Orleans got flooded after Katrina, employees were given two weeks pay. These two storms will affect so many employees I don't what UPS will do.

That is soooo funny. Have been affected by flooding by 5 weather events ( Tropical Stroms/Hurricanes) an could not get off early, let alone pay or receive monetary assistance.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Monday morning was nice with light rain, what is left of Irma wasn't due to hit until the afternoon. I work a little south of the Atlanta Airport, it got hit with 65mph winds and was shut down. It turns out the Governor ordered everybody except emergency vehicles off the roads by 2PM before the storm hit. My supervisor had to run a route due to call-ins, a cop pulled her over and asked why UPS was on the road. He wanted to call somebody so she gave him the Corporate number. We got called in shortly after that. Today was easy due to pickups being missed yesterday. I had two streets blocked by trees and power lines down. About 2/3s of my customers are out of power still. Sunny and 77 tomorrow.

Last edited: