Hurricane Irma

mmh

It looks like we are going to get hit by this bitch Irma. What happens if we are out of power for days? Does UPS pay disaster pay? How do they help their employees affected by disasters? Thanks in advance.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Somebody in Texas posted on a Teamsters Facebook page that the company gave them $500 because of Harvey. When New Orleans got flooded after Katrina, employees were given two weeks pay. These two storms will affect so many employees I don't what UPS will do.

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
I can't guarantee it's the same with all phones and plans but I read this:
⚠️Hurricane tip ⚠️ - if you lose electricity and wifi, update your voicemail message to notify family and friends and keep them updated. You can change your voicemails as many times as you want and can do it without wifi!! (Include date and time when updating)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It looks like we are going to get hit by this bitch Irma. What happens if we are out of power for days? Does UPS pay disaster pay? How do they help their employees affected by disasters? Thanks in advance.
You get nothing and like it!

P

pickup

Can't they get lost wages from FEMA ...or another government agency? This is something I need too look into also

Didn't need no welfare state.

Everybody pulled their weight.

Gee our old LaSalle ran great.

Those were the daaaaaaaAAAAYsss.

Richard Cranium

I can't guarantee it's the same with all phones and plans but I read this:
⚠️Hurricane tip ⚠️ - if you lose electricity and wifi, update your voicemail message to notify family and friends and keep them updated. You can change your voicemails as many times as you want and can do it without wifi!! (Include date and time when updating)
Good info.