Hurricane Sandy unemployment question...

browny25

:dissapointed:...I am a casual driver and pay "casual dues" to the union. Does anybody know the policy regarding compensation for the days my center was closed and I was unable to work due to Hurricane Sandy? Thank you in advance for all responses. gobrown!

UPSGUY72

:dissapointed:...I am a casual driver and pay "casual dues" to the union. Does anybody know the policy regarding compensation for the days my center was closed and I was unable to work due to Hurricane Sandy? Thank you in advance for all responses. gobrown!

If your not working you don't get paid. Your a casual your not guaranteed any hours.

In order to start collecting unemployment you usually have to be out of work more than 1 week even though you can apply the first day.

Big Babooba

Laws vary by state. Contact the unemployment office in your area. There is no "One Size Fits All" answer for your question. Good Luck.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If you live in NJ and live in one of the declared disaster counties, then you can apply under the disaster unemployment declaration

rod

Retired 22 years
Just about everything in the contract book is worthless if they use the " act of God" clause. I seriously doubt there would be any pay for you unless you are guaranteed a specific salary per week/month. But it never hurts to check.