Hurricane

ManInBrown

Five or six years ago here we were supposed to get a massive snowstorm. 18-22 inches. About 8pm Stewie sends out text messages, do not report tomorrow. We are closed. The one and only time I’ve ever seen that. We didn’t get one flake.

YeeYee

Cat 5 hit us a couple years ago. Other centers around us shut down, not us. Message at PCM from center manager was “be safe, we’ll keep you updated.” Never heard anything the rest of the day. Everything shut down, no businesses open, all county’s put out only emergency vehicles were to be on the road…every house we delivered to asked why the hell we were on the roads. So many complaints called into the company for us working that day. These days, I save an option day specifically for hurricanes. friend them.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We shut down for an entire week during hurricane Matthew few year back. Hurricane didn’t graze us until Thursday that week.
God the smell of the hello fresh boxes…..

2 year ago a hurricane was extremely close to our coast line and we were getting 40 mile winds. Center manager didn’t want us to go out but his boss forced us. We came back in around 12-1. Only way back to our building is over a bridge. Very bumpy ride for everyone. They told us to deliver what we think we could and come back before 1.
I went through and dug out all the medicine I could find and delivered them.

wornoutupser

When Charlie hit Florida we were told that we would be fired if we returned before we were told we could.

I watched a tornado go right over and said screw it. I headed the 10 minutes back to the building with rain blowing completely through. I was one of the last drivers in and no one was fired. Total crap!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Five or six years ago here we were supposed to get a massive snowstorm. 18-22 inches. About 8pm Stewie sends out text messages, do not report tomorrow. We are closed. The one and only time I’ve ever seen that. We didn’t get one flake.
I remember that.

It was a great day.

DriverNerd

The Polar Vortex that went through Minnesota in 2019 brought temps down to -30 (colder in more rural areas) on January 30th. The Post Office and Fedex Ground didn't work at all. We worked 10 am - 5 pm everything on trace. All pickups after 5pm got picked up early whether they were done or not. Fedex Express worked too. I think the high for the day was -20. We were told to dress for the weather, but had to wear an outer UPS coat for uniform, but could wear anything tasteful as long as it kept us warm.

Been called in early for snow and ice storms plenty of times too, usually around the 5pm-7pm mark.