hypothetical

cachmeifucan

Say you been with company for 1.5 years you make 10.50. Let's just say the starting pay goes up to 13 so this person would get 2.50 raise but we don't settle the contract for best case scenario we settle in jan. 2019 . You really think ups will pay all that retro pay to the thousands of employees. Plus everyone else and all our overtime. I'm a little worried that maybe no retro check for anyone and maybe we all work exactly 1 year no contract all on same pay scale and new contract starts in aug1st 2019

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A0C5B6F7-EC29-47C3-8EF8-DED710BBBB89.gif
A0C5B6F7-EC29-47C3-8EF8-DED710BBBB89.gif
Say you been with company for 1.5 years you make 10.50. Let's just say the starting pay goes up to 13 so this person would get 2.50 raise but we don't settle the contract for best case scenario we settle in jan. 2019 . You really think ups will pay all that retro pay to the thousands of employees. Plus everyone else and all our overtime. I'm a little worried that maybe no retro check for anyone and maybe we all work exactly 1 year no contract all on same pay scale and new contract starts in aug1st 2019

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I guess you weren’t here last contract when the company paid all of that from August to April?

cachmeifucan

Oh I was since 96 actually and I just don't see ups paying that much in retro especially to a new hire type getting at retro for 2000 for 6 months of working with no contract. And I really don't see this contract being voted on by aug 1st. If anyone remembers the last time our contract our contract was voted on and ratified by aug 1st. When did we vote ???

Oh I was since 96 actually and I just don't see ups paying that much in retro especially to a new hire type getting at retro for 2000 for 6 months of working with no contract. And I really don't see this contract being voted on by aug 1st. If anyone remembers the last time our contract our contract was voted on and ratified by aug 1st. When did we vote ???
They always pay retro, that's what they want.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

They will put that money in a account, draw interest on it ,and pay the retro money gladly. What are they going to do ? Refuse to pay a few million dollars and risk billions in government contracts and court costs and fines?

cachmeifucan

No they will say you worked under old pay and nobody gets anything retro only a sign on bonus for all the short sided fools from the day the contract is ratified august 1st means nothing

cachmeifucan

Well if you keep working for old pay doesn't that mean u accept working without a contract your union will tell you it's the best vote yes but in actuality it will be worse than last time. I have no faith in the guys in Washington

PT Car Washer

Did UPS send a retro check to the thousands of PT that worked the months we were under the old contract extension and quit before the new contract was settled? Or Union members that decided to retire before the new contract was imposed?