I’m getting a 3 day

socalupser

I know I need to follow the methods, but I’m a relatively new driver and don’t know them as well as I should. Any tips on how I can slow my day down with the methods?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I know I need to follow the methods, but I’m a relatively new driver and don’t know them as well as I should. Any tips on how I can slow my day down with the methods?
Just do the job like you normally would. If you’re doing it how you should be, then you’ll be fine. If you’re a runner gunner, you’ll get what you deserve.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
This is why you slow down and use all of the methods all of the time. Then when you get a ride along, you don't have to fumble around trying to remember what you're supposed to be doing. It's difficult to change what you do repeatedly, day after day, in an instant.

john chesney

Oh your one of those guys that just do whatever. You should be doing it right everyday. It will catch up to you and I’ll be waiting on your can I be fired for this post. Anyone that needs tips on how to slow down isn’t doing things right

Heavy Package

I know I need to follow the methods

Then do it. FYI - Part of the "methods" is taking your full lunch break within the designated hours along with any approved additional breaks throughout the day.

I can't stand coming back and seeing a bunch of guys sitting around taking their "lunch" at 7-8pm back at the building. Just plain stupid.

M

MenInBrown

Whenever they would speak to me, I'd pull over and stop. They'd ask why I was stopping. I'd say because I can't drive and concentrate on your words of wisdom at the same time. After about the third time, they'd shut up while I was driving.

That’s funny. I started doing the same thing. I told them it was an in cab distraction. Space and visibility is done in the parking lot. Not while I’m driving.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
3 day ride for a "relatively" new driver?

Are you in your 30 days?

Do you have your own route? If not what is the point?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's difficult to change what you do repeatedly, day after day, in an instant.

Yep.

Some drivers get in bad habits.

Whenever they would speak to me, I'd pull over and stop. They'd ask why I was stopping. I'd say because I can't drive and concentrate on your words of wisdom at the same time. After about the third time, they'd shut up while I was driving.

Ha Ha !

I thought I was the only one who knew that trick.

Do it on the highway.... where the speed limit is 65.

Solves that problem.

3 day ride for a "relatively" new driver?

Are you in your 30 days?

Do you have your own route? If not what is the point?

The first thing to ask....

"what is the purpose of the ride" ??

-Bug-

Yep.

Some drivers get in bad habits.

Ha Ha !

I thought I was the only one who knew that trick.

Do it on the highway.... where the speed limit is 65.

Solves that problem.

The first thing to ask....

"what is the purpose of the ride" ??

-Bug-
And hopefully he keeps a notebook. It's very helpful in these situations. Not like they would ever stack the deck against you on a three day ride.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And hopefully he keeps a notebook. It's very helpful in these situations. Not like they would ever stack the deck against you on a three day ride.

It's like a safety ride.

There's no chance you will ace it. They always find something wrong.

Also, keep your mouth shut.

Ask if they are attempting to record any conversation on their cell phone.

When in doubt....

Hand them the key fob, and ask for a demonstration of all the methods.

-Bug-

It's like a safety ride.

There's no chance you will ace it. They always find something wrong.

Also, keep your mouth shut.

Ask if they are attempting to record any conversation on their cell phone.

When in doubt....

Hand them the key fob, and ask for a demonstration of all the methods.

-Bug-
It never hurts to hit a curb and knock the oacjapac off of the shelf....just saying...