I am going to apply for UPS at the end of the month.

BrownNinjaz

I am college student and I live in Lowell,MA. So I hope they help me with the 3k thing a year.. :P
However, I am doing bad at my current job due to college.. I don't sleep enough... you think because I am doing bad in my current job, I may not get hired at UPS?

The recruiter said she'll call me at the end of the month for me to apply. So I may get hired.. but I am concern because I am doing bad at my job.. they might check that...=\ I think that's utter bull crap :P

PS: I want to choose 1st shift because it's more convenient. Hopefully preloading is not hard. :P

stoni24

PS: I want to choose 1st shift because it's more convenient. Hopefully preloading is not hard. :P

HAHA LOL OOHHH!!!

Don't worry about the sleep after a few days of unloading, you'll get plenty. Probably during class or while driving home.

BrownNinjaz

What you guys mean? i don't get it.....

Don't do it? What?

I see people laughing... what is this? :P

OK FINE, I know it is hard.. but I have no other choice...

preload is at 3:00-4:00 am to around 9 am.. which is good for a college student...

You want me to stay at my current job which is like 10-11 hours a day? xcept weekends.

Also, I work at a warehouse which requires a lot of walking , lifting , walking , lifting... for 10 god dang hours. lol

jimstud

Banned
Also, I work at a warehouse which requires a lot of walking , lifting , walking , lifting... for 10 god dang hours. lol
there is a lot of lifting on the preload also. i think the twilight shift would be better for a college student. the hours are usually 6 to 10 so you won't have to get up at 2 or 3 in the moring thus you won't fall asleep in class.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What you guys mean? i don't get it.....

Don't do it? What?

I see people laughing... what is this? :P

OK FINE, I know it is hard.. but I have no other choice...

preload is at 3:00-4:00 am to around 9 am.. which is good for a college student...

You want me to stay at my current job which is like 10-11 hours a day? xcept weekends.

Don't worry about it Lugo. Some just have to make fun of others. Part time positions usually work out well for college students if you can get in. It is hard work though. Depending on the shifts available at your center, either nights or mornings are good. If you have late classes then try for the morning shift.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
I am college student and I live in Lowell,MA. So I hope they help me with the 3k thing a year.. :P
However, I am doing bad at my current job due to college.. I don't sleep enough... you think because I am doing bad in my current job, I may not get hired at UPS?

The recruiter said she'll call me at the end of the month for me to apply. So I may get hired.. but I am concern because I am doing bad at my job.. they might check that...=\ I think that's utter bull crap :P

PS: I want to choose 1st shift because it's more convenient. Hopefully preloading is not hard. :P[/QUOTE

Lugo, I think it is a great opportunity to earn extra $$$ - and if they are offering tuition reimbursement - go for it. If you can handle those early morning hours and hard work (you maybe able to save time and money going to the gym with the workout you will get) then its perfect for a college student.
I wouldn't worry about your status at your current job - as long as you can pass criminal background check and prove you are a legal citizen.

BrownNinjaz

PS: I want to choose 1st shift because it's more convenient. Hopefully preloading is not hard. :P[/QUOTE

Lugo, I think it is a great opportunity to earn extra $$$ - and if they are offering tuition reimbursement - go for it. If you can handle those early morning hours and hard work (you maybe able to save time and money going to the gym with the workout you will get) then its perfect for a college student.
I wouldn't worry about your status at your current job - as long as you can pass criminal background check and prove you are a legal citizen.

Thanks. I think I will go for 6 pm to 10 pm shift. :) So preload is hard as loader? I thought preloading was a bit easier than loading. lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks. I think I will go for 6 pm to 10 pm shift. :) So preload is hard as loader? I thought preloading was a bit easier than loading. lol

I haven't preloaded, but there is no way it's more physical than loading.

Lugo, keep in mind that you are only guaranteed 3.5 hours and there may be nights when they ask you to leave early. If they ask you to leave and you say yes and have not worked 3.5 hours or more you will only get hours worked. If they ask and you say no they will either find something else for you to do or will send you home and pay you the 3.5.

Soy, loading is definitely more physical than preloading but nowhere near as challenging.

rocket man

if you get hired? Every person that is layed off better be at work and you guys in that hub best make sure. nothing personell poss new guy.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Lugo, both Upstate and Soy are right. Night sort is physically demanding, preload is mentally demanding. If you are good at the physical labor go for nite sort. If you are good with numbers then go with preload.

I have done both and I personally think that preload is a harder job.

BrownNinjaz

Lugo, keep in mind that you are only guaranteed 3.5 hours and there may be nights when they ask you to leave early. If they ask you to leave and you say yes and have not worked 3.5 hours or more you will only get hours worked. If they ask and you say no they will either find something else for you to do or will send you home and pay you the 3.5.

Soy, loading is definitely more physical than preloading but nowhere near as challenging.

3.5 for preloading? or ?

BrownNinjaz

Thanks, I will go with loading. :P 6:00 pm to ... :|
4 hours is fine... :P I don't want to work for 5 hours unless there's a lot of work, I will wait.
And you think the UPS Earn & Learn program will available in Lowell,MA? :P
And will they still help me pay for college even if Financial aid is helping me?
:P

SoyFish

When you meet with HR they should be able to tell you all of that :) ... Everywhere is different so I really have no clue *shrug*