I am new here.... Been DQ'd twice on the package car. When can I try again?

JM16

I am in my fifties and came to UPS for the insurance. To make a long story short, my training was sub-par to put it nicely. I felt like I was thrown out there with ZERO support. I had to beg for training from the on road sups and came in early to practice on the DIAD etc. I spend countless hours in the evenings studying my route etc. They told me I was a super employee but I just needed to get my time down. I was over about 1 hour everyday. Nobody can seem to answer the question as to when I can try again.... HR says immediately when the bid sheet comes up but union is saying 3 years. Manager says he doesn't know? Which is it? I am currently seasonal driving. I have been with UPS for one year.

Thank you!

W

What The Hawk?

I am in my fifties and came to UPS for the insurance. To make a long story short, my training was sub-par to put it nicely. I felt like I was thrown out there with ZERO support. I had to beg for training from the on road sups and came in early to practice on the DIAD etc. I spend countless hours in the evenings studying my route etc. They told me I was a super employee but I just needed to get my time down. I was over about 1 hour everyday. Nobody can seem to answer the question as to when I can try again.... HR says immediately when the bid sheet comes up but union is saying 3 years. Manager says he doesn't know? Which is it? I am currently seasonal driving. I have been with UPS for one year.

Thank you!
My building if you're DQ'd on the road test at least, you can try when a new bid sheet is posted. My buddy Scott was a fulltime driver in his 30 days and dropped out and went back to preload..he has to wait two years if he wants to try again. Don't you have insurance already being with UPS for a year?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Thank you!
Respect to you for starting this job late in life. The way you are being handled now won't get any better, just worse. I would love to try to convince you to stay but I'm telling you to run before you have too much more time invested.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How many “attempts” do you think you need?
upload_2017-11-27_20-34-20.jpeg