I am officially no longer an ISP

Mom

Yeah buddy...I got out.

I closed today, first at the bank then at my attorneys office. Full stock sale of my entire corporate entity. Bought and paid for, by a driver and his chosen business partner.

I will gladly expound upon this great celebratory happening in further detail, but right now I must be on my way. I've got a date with a massive slab of prime rib.

Mom

Investment return is in the eye of the beholder. I'm 27 years old, and have been doing this four years. Aside from the first year, where there was only one route for about half the year, I have broken six figures. This is in an area where the median HOUSEHOLD income is less than $40k. I can go in depth into how that is achieved, but it is the basic idea that you wait for 'fire sale' routes....like, you snag up everything abandoned, anything left by somebody who was terminated, etc....put a truck on it, train a driver, and run it until you have made whatever back you have 'into' it, and dump it for well more than you paid. Then you take your profit and buy something you actually want to run; everything I just sold was urban, high-volume, and contiguous. THEN! After you've reinvested what you've been able to bank off of the idiocy and/or misfortune of others into something that is actually an attractive business (even if only on paper and in terms of cash flow), you throw in a revenue matrix for the next five years or so (like, say, your ISP negotiated numbers) and blam...mama gets new shoes.

We sold for a price that leaves us (my husband and I) with enough cash to live off for a year (we obviously won't do that, Ill start looking for a job soon) and we DID finance 25% of the sale for the next five years at 6% interest...so my mortgage is paid for the next five years to boot. I have no car loan debt and outright own three personal vehicles, no credit card debts, no student loan debt, no personal loans, nothing like that. Just a mortgage on the third house I have owned.

So, as I said, some might not see it as a 'good' investment...BUT, it does make you money.

Was it worth it? No. I've got miles of documented MAJOR contract violations with our terminal management and can prove willful 'ignorance' on the part of both CR and FDX HR. Our SM was investigated for workplace violence and harassment, complaints made by myself, other contractors, and X personnel. Dude got two days suspension, complaining X employees got fired or transferred, including the girls who spent regular time on their knees in his office. Ive got bigger and better things, that I never 'busted out', so to speak, that are going to be sent to our SM, regional mgmt, CR, and Pittsburgh now that I am gone and can no longer be retaliated against. I wish I didn't have to be vague, but at this point I guess I still have to be.

I loved what I did. And I was damn good. But I hate FedEx. I hate them with every fiber of my being. And I fully intend to still be the snarling little dog chewing on their ankles if I can't be the pit bull that rips their face off. Someday that big dog will come along.

Mom

I sort of have a special metaphorical hand grenade, if you will, that I've been waiting for the right time to throw. Now is that time....even if it only creates a minor popping sound in the Fed Ex universe, it WILL create a few crapped pants in our local station and the region, especially after it finds it's way to Pittsburgh.

I had to make sure I obtained it legally, which I did; and that I had no active contracts to be threatened with before bringing it to attention. When nobody believes your accounts of incidents, I decided it would be a good idea to ensure my claims would be indisputably corrorated.

P

pickup

I sort of have a special metaphorical hand grenade, if you will, that I've been waiting for the right time to throw. Now is that time....even if it only creates a minor popping sound in the Fed Ex universe, it WILL create a few crapped pants in our local station and the region, especially after it finds it's way to Pittsburgh.

I had to make sure I obtained it legally, which I did; and that I had no active contracts to be threatened with before bringing it to attention. When nobody believes your accounts of incidents, I decided it would be a good idea to ensure my claims would be indisputably corrorated.

Looks like Mom covered her bases here, making sure that we knew that the hand grenade is metaphorical so that no one can say it is a real terroristic threat. Way to go Mom, I read a few of your posts here on this thread and I like 'em all.

Hey Mom. I'm new to this forum and I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm looking into buying a route but it seems like it's a "fire sale" route. How can I spot those? I'm a 23 year old college grad and I'm just looking into making an investment into something. Please PM me if you are interested in helping a fellow like me out. Thank you.

bbsam

Staff member
So, Mom...in what direction should I look to view the pyrotechnics? In previous posts I had the impression we were not too far away so I would guess I should be hearing of your handiwork in our terminal before too long. I am sorry you hate Fedex. I believe it has alot to do with your local management team. Company is still trying to clear it's old mindset from some individuals.

Mom

That's what they kept telling me; "we don't operate like that. It will be handled." I have close ties to a mega-contractor in PA and another larger operation also out east, and I am certain there are facilities that are much more pleasant to work in. I've been told that by people I believe, and I don't doubt it. But our entire region is so hell bent on keeping our SM around and in s position because I know they will have to deal with the repercussions of ignoring his BS for the past 5 years he has been at our station.

He has 'won' multiple accolades for 'his' amazing numbers, never mind he falsifies everything. Never mind our station has some of the highest FDX employee, contractor, and contractors driver turnover in the system. Nevermind multiple fedex subordinates mysteriously disappearing from our location after they dare pipe up. We are in an almost completely rural region, our station is in a more heavily populated area, but that's relative to the region....everything here is small or rural. He was sent here after being moved from station to attain all over the country, and he is STILL here because everybody is firstly terrified of him and secondly a bunch of pushover pansies who think it'll get better because that's what X feeds them.

If you are in our same region, you'll probably hear about it some way or another. My friends out east heard about the pages-long emails I sent to Kevin Koken and Rickey Chavez, and I spent a good deal of time on that little project. now Ive got nothing but time on my hands.

Like I said, all it will do is prove everything I previously claimed that was waved away as drivel. And probably lead to a talking-to system-wide about what you can keep in your pockets while speaking with your SM.

Mom

WHY is every awesome post I write 'Moderated', then never end up being posted? No swears, no naughtys....WTF? MFE write a novel every time he posts....? If I type more than 5 sentences it gets eaten by the Moderation monster.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hi Mom.

You are not the only one that has had posts diverted into the moderation queue for no apparent reason. Our anti spam filter has been overly sensitive and diverting too many posts lately. I'm trying to figure out what the glitch is but so far I don't see anything that the posts or members that it is happening to have in common.

I hope to have this issue resolved today.

dvalleyjim

Man I am sorry to hear the way your rights were violated at your term. Wow that S has to stop. That being said I work for a terminal with a great bunch of people and an excellent management team.

Mom

I know my facility is NOT the 'rule', but it mystifies me (but not really) the extent X has gone to to pretend it doesn't happen. I had my SM in my face flailing clenched fists, Ive been referred to as a "piece if *****", I've regularly had to defend my "stupid, worthless piece of ***** drivers", I've heard on a daily basis that "Im going to do everything I can to put you out of business," I had a sale set up a year ago and was told "Im going to make sure that person turns around and walks right out of here if you try to sell"..... And he did, he told that buyer that he would never 'let' them into our terminal. That is a Tort of Interference of a Positive Sale, FedEx.

Id be glad to forward emails to anybody who'd like to read the good stuff. But, see, FedEx claims that surely there is an explanation. They suspended him for two days and I did just find out they have him in some sort of anger management program. Herp a derp.