I am seniority

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
At my center seniority started 1: after I was hired in permanent, and 2: after 30 days (If memory serves... :-/)

I worked about 4 months as a temp before my permanent hiring, so I started gathering seniority immediately after I signed my contract...

Someone who's a bit fresher may be able to answer this question more definitely, but one thing I can say: your co-workers and your local HR rep are your friend, don't be afraid to ask questions.

TheKid99

Depends on local agreement.
I was hired in at the end of May.
Because of that I'm considered seasonal and will be hired in and earn seniority starting in September.

But I don't think that will happen. When I'm done in August they will let me go (fired they do this to seasonal ph) and I'm going to apply for seasonal driver.

J

jibbs

Depends on local agreement.
I was hired in at the end of May.
Because of that I'm considered seasonal and will be hired in and earn seniority starting in September

It's such bull:censored2: how seasonals are basically throwaways like that... From one seasonal position to another.... If they're a good enough worker to be hired on more than once as a seasonal, they should just give that person a permanent position.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's such bull:censored2: how seasonals are basically throwaways like that... From one seasonal position to another.... If they're a good enough worker to be hired on more than once as a seasonal, they should just give that person a permanent position.
Maybe as a part timer but they can't be allowed to jump ahead of the part timers who have been waiting for years to go driving. Although those lists are getting shorter these days.

Maybe as a part timer but they can't be allowed to jump ahead of the part timers who have been waiting for years to go driving. Although those lists are getting shorter these days.
That's easy. PTer can't pass the driving test. Try again in 6 months. In the mean time UPS will qualify who ever they want. My building is on a big FT package car driving surge. Almost all are off the street.

fres431

Seriously!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yes burrheadd no seasonal hires in building. Driver helpers during peak yes but not in building. They are permitted to contract feeder runs if all feeder are out of hours. Using a tow company to haul trailers between hubs cost $1500 to $2000

Sent using BrownCafe App