I bleed brown now

Cementups

Box Monkey
3qgrjy.jpg

CharleyHustle

Hey Lou, being an hourly sucks where ever you work. It's unbelievable hard work here, but unlike FredEx you get paid for it and have a union behind you when you screw up. At 46 I'm just sorry you wont enjoy the feeling I got a few months ago when I breezed past 30 full time years. Max out your 401k when you can get in, and you'll still bring home more than you made toiling for Fred.

purplesky

My first 3 days with UPS have been awesome! I see why we have been around over 105 years!! Go Brown!

Just learn to stay under the radar and you will be fine at UPS. Skip the small stuff and let the **** bounce off your back. Keep your eye on the retirement carrot.

Even starting at age 46 you can save ALOT of $$$ in your 401k so DO NOT WAIT TO CONTRIBUTE. BUY UPS STOCK WEEKLY IF YOU CAN SWING IT. You can always go into feeders if your body starts to break down.

​We all bitch about UPS but this company KNOWS HOW TO MAKE $$$ and that provides job security.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I suppose he's right. Pay, benefits, union representation, getting paid for time to and from building, etc. As crappy as we have it, Fedex guys have it worse.

UPS has it far better. Watch for an increasing number of FedEx employees to jump ship and try and come over to Brown. The older ones probably need not bother, but the younger workers have time to spend a few years as a sorter and then move-up to package car. There is zero future at FedEx, and the smarter folks are starting to figure that out. Be thankful for what you have at UPS. Even though you bust your ass, at least you get paid for it.

modlflr

give it time. When he bleeds brown in a manner that only a proctologist would know, it may diminish his unbridled enthusiasm a percent or two. Try to hold onto that youthful PMA for as long as you can. Youthful meaning in your years of service.

mundele

The FedEx ground driver on Friday asked if we were hiring. He said to put in a good word to my manager. Tried to explain to him that unfortunately it doesn't work like that. They go through drivers so fast on my route.