I could have sworn I smelled doobage....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never tried weed, never smoked anything. A very lite drinker. I think "stoned" people seem pretty impaired to me. At least in my experience. I believe it can be a gateway as well as cigarettes, alcohol. Not always. We don't need weed any more available. Medical use is a whole other story.

I have been sober for 15 years, but if I wanted to buy weed right now it would take me about 15 minutes to find some.

As a practical matter, prohibition has failed. It serves no purpose but to fuel a potentially violent and destructive black market. The millions of tax dollars that are currently being wasted on enforcement could be turned into millions of tax dollars collected through legalized and regulated sales, which could then be used to fund drug treatment programs.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I only see two things wrong with weed. 1 Laws 2 price. I really think it is a safer drug than alcohol. I don't use weed but have seen a lot more problems with people who drink than smoke pot.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I only see two things wrong with weed. 1 Laws 2 price. I really think it is a safer drug than alcohol. I don't use weed but have seen a lot more problems with people who drink than smoke pot.

Yes personally I've never smoked before but I've been around a lot of it. Give me a choice and I would much rather be around a bunch of high people as opposed to a bunch of drunks.

barnyard

KTM rider
Yes personally I've never smoked before but I've been around a lot of it. Give me a choice and I would much rather be around a bunch of high people as opposed to a bunch of drunks.

There was a thing on Nat Geo (I think) interviewing ER people about drugs. They all said that drunk people always want to fight and stoners just want to relax. The consensus was that it was easier to treat stoned people than drunks.

And I was right!

A8C3893B-EAC0-4F12-A20B-D3EE6E319556-9172-00000FBB4AA326D2.jpg

A48400EC-071C-4D8E-AD89-473DD0297208-9172-00000FBB53E58CE5.jpg
Dude you live in Oregon what do you expect. It's like the pot capital of the USA.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There was a thing on Nat Geo (I think) interviewing ER people about drugs. They all said that drunk people always want to fight and stoners just want to relax. The consensus was that it was easier to treat stoned people than drunks.

Yes my wife was a nurse at a hospital whose phsyc ward got eliminated so all detox patients came to here. Almost got fired one night when she punched a drunk that kicked her in the face. She said it was amazing the restraints they would get out of.

W

want to retire

I have been sober for 15 years, but if I wanted to buy weed right now it would take me about 15 minutes to find some.

As a practical matter, prohibition has failed. It serves no purpose but to fuel a potentially violent and destructive black market. The millions of tax dollars that are currently being wasted on enforcement could be turned into millions of tax dollars collected through legalized and regulated sales, which could then be used to fund drug treatment programs.

Sorry. Disagree. IT'S NOT ABOUT REVENUE! And the idea that we can tax it and then provide help for the users is absurd. If legalized, I believe usage would go way, way up. And how do you determine who is too "stoned" to drive, teach school etc.? And if it's just relaxing/recreational you should be able to regulate yourself....right? It will never work. And just like cigarettes, there will be a black market....guaranteed. This idea about legalizing it just for the tax money is intellectually vacant.

Johney

Sorry. Disagree. IT'S NOT ABOUT REVENUE! And the idea that we can tax it and then provide help for the users is absurd. If legalized, I believe usage would go way, way up. And how do you determine who is too "stoned" to drive, teach school etc.? And if it's just relaxing/recreational you should be able to regulate yourself....right? It will never work. And just like cigarettes, there will be a black market....guaranteed. This idea about legalizing it just for the tax money is intellectually vacant.
I assume the general idea would be much like alcohol, don't drink and drive don't drink and teach. Of course there would be a black market, there's a black market for just about everything. Manly because people will steal it and sell it cheaper to get money. Nothing different then how the world works now.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
OK, at the risk of pee-ing everyone off here..and really, what do I care? I don't...Weed should be legal...many of us smoked it happily until some law pushed us back. Gateway drug?? PUL-LEEZE...You wanna talk gateway drugs? I'll give you a gateway drug. Milk. Yes, Milk. Every flucked up drug user I've ever known started out on milk. Maybe breast milk, maybe the bovine milk...but that milk was a gateway to every other drug known to mankind.

Yeah, wind-up and swing away...Is there a bigger gateway drug than al-KEY-HOL? Drink a bottle of Pinot Noir, a 12 pack of micro-brew, and you might smack someone, you might drive your car in the wrong lane and kill a car of nuns, you might rant all over this web site...OOPS...Seriously, if you've never used cannabis, you might be accused of stupidity, or you might be accused of cruelty by someone who needs it for an aide to their cancer. Or, oh who am I kidding, maybe they just like to smoke a big fattie and listen to some Lynyrd Skynyrd while you slug down a half a bottle of Jack Daniels. Who are you to say you are better than the guy or gal who smells like burning rope?

Jump over your fat self....

Yeah, I know I just peeed off anyone who ever read my posts. Do I care? Flick no. I don't even smoke anymore. My pee is as clean as...pee..I guess..can be. But it still stinks on my fingers...Don't ask me how...It was from the 'legal' drug, booze, that I pissed on my hands.
So spare me the sanctimonious BS about how MJ is killing brain cells and ruining this country. That argument dried up back in '67.

Justaname

If weed was legal we'd be fighting for better vending machine snacks in the next contract. No more crappy pretzels, we want hostess cupcakes and sweet tea! Jk

laffter

This is the real reason it isn't legal. It's too easy for people grow themselves and the government won't get their share that way.

People can grow their own fruits/vegetables, yet they still buy them at the grocery store. The government still rakes in loads of revenue from sales tax on that. Including myself, people are lazy, they'd rather buy it instead of grow it.