I did the unthinkable

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Not many things you can do to replace a $100K job unless you have a very good skill or some amazing idea or niche business to run. After being a driver for 17 years, those odds are that much more against you as you likely don't have other fresh skills.

May get the "money isn't everything" mantra and that's all fine and good until you find yourself stressed out about money all the time.
It’s definitely a risk. But I’m not an alcoholic or drug addict. I don’t have any business partners or investors. Nobody’s hands are in my company, I own my construction equipment. I am a licensed contractor.

it better work out

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It’s definitely a risk. But I’m not an alcoholic or drug addict. I don’t have any business partners or investors. Nobody’s hands are in my company, I own my construction equipment. I am a licensed contractor.

it better work out
Take your shot man!!! Congrats on becoming a human being once again
The real question is....how did you quit?
Drive the pkg car off a cliff?
Tell that one customer you can’t stand to shove it?
Punch your ors in the mouth?

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Only 13 to go too. Oh well, life long, monthly free money isn't everything.
Sure, but the extra 20+ hours a week of family time might be well worth it. Who the hell knows how long we have on this earth anyway??? Slave for 30 years and pray you live to reap the benefits of sacrificing your personal life to the man. It’s honorable, but we just may be the stupid ones; delivering pkgs at 9 pm while our children say their first words and take their first steps...this is an amazing job, I’m lucky to have it, but there’s more than one way to make a good batch of lemonade

rod

Retired 22 years
I hope you had something good lined up before you quit.
Quite the opposite for me, everyone I know that quit has never been happier.
I imagine good paying jobs with great benefits are easier to come by where you are. Around here they are few and far between. If you are looking for minimum wage this is the place to be.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Sure, but the extra 20+ hours a week of family time might be well worth it. Who the hell knows how long we have on this earth anyway??? Slave for 30 years and pray you live to reap the benefits of sacrificing your personal life to the man. It’s honorable, but we just may be the stupid ones; delivering pkgs at 9 pm while our children say their first words and take their first steps...this is an amazing job, I’m lucky to have it, but there’s more than one way to make a good batch of lemonade
This is correct. Time with my kids is the most important thing to me.

also the money is pretty staggering

rod

Retired 22 years
I know you’ve been gone a long time but it’s the total opposite now. I don’t know a single person that regrets quitting. In fact most say they wish they’d quit sooner
I think the world has got a lot softer and people get too butt hurt quicker. It seems with 8 hour requests , no over 9.5, and having no problem calling off 2 days a week You should be able to manage it , There- that should fire up this place

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants

it better work out

youre gonna crush. dont look back.