I disagree with the practice of using your personal cell phone for business purposes.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Re: I disagree with the practice of using your personal cell phone for business purpo

Being a steward you need to use your phone for business purposes and I write it off on my taxes every year.
anonymous,

Thanks for participating.

Using your cell phone for union business and writing it off is a reasonable practice for a steward.

For the purpose of this discussion I was mainly refering to personal use of the cell phone for conducting UPS business.

Sincerely,
I

tourists24

Re: I disagree with the practice of using your personal cell phone for business purpo

Bored???

To paraphrase the biblical text,
If you don't think something is right, don't do it.
Otherwise, it's none of your business.

Paul of Taurus
nice libertarian philosophy

Buck Fifty

For all the drivers who use it. Here's a quarter, call someone who cares. Cause I don't.

Indecisi0n

I only use my phone when it benefits me.

HomeDelivery

but but but... you guys get incoming DIAD messages... why call your personal cellphone?

i wish my division has that capability; i only have a pre-paid phone (and it's not a smartphone)...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One of my least favorite sups told me today I don't call drivers. I said why? He said cause we tell you everyday not to use your cell phones while at work why would I call u while your working. I respect him a little more after today.

Integrity

Binge Poster

In our center they have a couple of basic cell phones that the on-cars use. The PDS and center manager use their own personal cell phones for business.

The argument that my decision to use my personal cell phone for company business could be a violation of the contract and/or a extra contractual agreement is ludicrous. I have never been told that I have to use my personal cell phone for company business--I choose to do so as it benefits me. The 22% discount more than pays for the minutes I use for company business.
UpstateNYUPSer,

Your argument doesn't surprise me. My experience with your posts has led me to the conclusion that you usually take a more company sympathetic viewpoint about things.

I don't think calling it a side deal is ludicrous, but I do agree that it may be stretching the point a bit.

It would be more beneficial for individuals to base their decisions and choices on how the decisions will effect others, especially individuals who are more union sympathetic.

Sincerely,
I

upsman68

Most people have unlimited minutes and texts these days and it does not cost much money. YOLO

Sounds like you are a tightwad. Let me know and you can borrow some of my minutes.

Sincerely,

U

UpstateNYUPSer,

Your argument doesn't surprise me. My experience with your posts has led me to the conclusion that you usually take a more company sympathetic viewpoint about things.

I don't think calling it a side deal is ludicrous, but I do agree that it may be stretching the point a bit.

It would be more beneficial for individuals to base their decisions and choices on how the decisions will effect others, especially individuals who are more union sympathetic.

Sincerely,
I
Im on my Bluetooth. I've got unlimited texts minutes and Internet. So I use it at will. I love my iPhone it's such a big part of my day to day life that I wouldn't not use it out of spite if I had to.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

In our center they have a couple of basic cell phones that the on-cars use. The PDS and center manager use their own personal cell phones for business.

The argument that my decision to use my personal cell phone for company business could be a violation of the contract and/or a extra contractual agreement is ludicrous. I have never been told that I have to use my personal cell phone for company business--I choose to do so as it benefits me. The 22% discount more than pays for the minutes I use for company business.

UpstateNYUPSer,

Sincerely,
I

Im on my Bluetooth. I've got unlimited texts minutes and Internet. So I use it at will. I love my iPhone it's such a big part of my day to day life that I wouldn't not use it out of spite if I had to.

I just don't understand why Dave wont accept your friend request???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Most people have unlimited minutes and texts these days and it does not cost much money. YOLO

Sounds like you are a tightwad. Let me know and you can borrow some of my minutes.

Sincerely,

U

It's not being a tightwad for me it's the fact that I don't want them bugging me on it all day. I don't want management using a phone as a way to chew my ass about performance or such. They made the diads with a messaging function and they should utilize it.

brown_trousers

It's not being a tightwad for me it's the fact that I don't want them bugging me on it all day. I don't want management using a phone as a way to chew my ass about performance or such. They made the diads with a messaging function and they should utilize it.

Agreed.. I use my phone sometimes if I find it convenient, but I am certainly not going use phone minutes that I am paying for, to listen to a supervisor spout negativity towards me

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Bored???

To paraphrase the biblical text,
If you don't think something is right, don't do it.
Otherwise, it's none of your business.

Paul of Taurus

He always loved that car.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

If you don't want to be chewed out about performance, then perform. I use my phone at no cost to myself when I need to. Never been forced to. When mgmnt needs me they send me me a text via DIAD to call the Center. How I return the call is on me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I deliver to OSHA, they seem to think UPS should provide water. They are in talks with all delivery companies to provide bottled water. It's mandatory on construction sites and other labor shops.

So...does Osha discuss any juicy details of bad ups with you since they know you work there??

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

I have a phone I bring to work for personal time, taking pictures of questionable DIAD instructions, and emergency calls. It is not paid for by UPS and is not used for UPS business. I'm curious how willing some of you would be using your phone if you got into a he/she said thing and were fired over it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It would be more beneficial for individuals to base their decisions and choices on how the decisions will affect others, especially individuals who are more union sympathetic.

Yeah.......no. But thanks for playing.