I don't care who you are, this is just plain funny!

AKCoverMan

Scanning Google news today..

United Parcel Service driver reports suspicious car: Moreland Hills Police Blotter | cleveland.com

I wonder if the cops eventually pulled the sup over? That would be hilarious..

And just so noone can say I can't laugh at myself also I got pulled over last peak driving a uHaul rental van. Some folks in a somewhat rural neighbor hood called the local PD about a "suspicious man in a uHaul van".

Hey we deliver boxes for a living, we gotta have fun somehow!

balland chain

Thats a good one, just to add to the humor, I was on comp 15 years ago and was being watched (because we all know workers comp. is a vacation to us) I noticed a car parked across the street from my home for the second day in a row. I immediately called the police to notify them of the suspicious car, and my concern for the safety of the young kids in my neighborhood.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thats a good one, just to add to the humor, I was on comp 15 years ago and was being watched (because we all know workers comp. is a vacation to us) I noticed a car parked across the street from my home for the second day in a row. I immediately called the police to notify them of the suspicious car, and my concern for the safety of the young kids in my neighborhood.

Comp fraud is more prevalent than you may think. It is not uncommon to read in our local paper about people on comp who were seen working on their roofs. I know one of our local comp fraud investigators----he works on a base salary and commission basis and has more work than he can handle. The most common cases of comp fraud here involve prison guards.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had a driver who knew the sup was following him.
When a customer approached for a send again package that was for a route over, the driver told him to go ask the guy in Honda back there to.
The customer did and the driver gave the supe the slip for the day.
That driver was very proud of himself and couldn't contain his laughter as he told anybody who would listen.

balland chain

I realize comp fraud runs rampant, but the MRI does not lie. Heck, I had been complaining of the pain 3 times a week during PT. The company authorized several test that all came back inconclusive. Finally after being out for 5 months and getting an attorney, a MRI was authorized. It showed the herniated disc', and the problem was exactly where I had been telling the PT. The first words out of the Orthopedic surgeons mouth were, why did it take so long to get a MRI ? He added the CTscan, and bone scan come back inconclusive 99% of the time. He was rather disturbed that I had been in horrible pain for so long, and to save a few bucks, and get me in a financial pickle, the test that would prove that I was being honest, took way too long for authorization by the company. Comp is not enjoyable by any means, I was at wits end. We only have one body ,dragging the necessary treatment, and possibly believing that the injured is telling the truth is so frustrating. I will ever understand this company and how they feel all us hourly workers are dishonest, especially considering all the lie's that I have caught sup's in. Really stinks....

BrownArmy

Sup was watching me in a 700 today.

I totally didn't notice that there was another 700 six houses down.

He must have realized that he'd been spotted, he went straight when I hung a right.

(Insert circus music...)

Cementups

Box Monkey
Comp fraud is more prevalent than you may think. It is not uncommon to read in our local paper about people on comp who were seen working on their roofs. I know one of our local comp fraud investigators----he works on a base salary and commission basis and has more work than he can handle. The most common cases of comp fraud here involve prison guards.

My dad retired as a State Trooper and shortly after started working for a PI. Most of the work was comp fraud. Sitting outside of people's houses with a video camera waiting for them to make a mistake. I mostly remember him telling of a guy who was out with a very bad back injury and laid up for several months. He then got footage of the guy out chopping wood. He was collecting comp for much longer.

This is why when I hurt my back once years ago and got put on a 20 pound limit I asked the doctor if I could still bowl. He asked me how much my ball weighed and I told him 16 pounds, but when you throw the ball you exert way more than 16 pounds of force. He said, no you're good, it's under 20 pounds. Sold!!

wornoutupser

I also called the police when I thought I was being watched. I also randomly flipped them off.

I had a sup hiding in a parking lot one day watching me. I gave him the finger as I drove by.

That night in front of witnesses I asked him if he had been out following me and he said no. A few minutes later he came back with the steward to write me up for insubordination for giving him the finger!

That one didnt work out!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My dad retired as a State Trooper and shortly after started working for a PI. Most of the work was comp fraud. Sitting outside of people's houses with a video camera waiting for them to make a mistake. I mostly remember him telling of a guy who was out with a very bad back injury and laid up for several months. He then got footage of the guy out chopping wood. He was collecting comp for much longer.

This is why when I hurt my back once years ago and got put on a 20 pound limit I asked the doctor if I could still bowl. He asked me how much my ball weighed and I told him 16 pounds, but when you throw the ball you exert way more than 16 pounds of force. He said, no you're good, it's under 20 pounds. Sold!!

Shoot! When I was on comp for my back 11 years ago, I asked my therapist if I could play golf. For some unknown reason, they had a 9-iron in the room, and asked me to take a few swings. They told me that as long as I took a good swing and 'pivoted but didn't twist' I was good to go.

Shoulda asked for a prescription!

We had a driver who knew the sup was following him.When a customer approached for a send again package that was for a route over, the driver told him to go ask the guy in Honda back there to.The customer did and the driver gave the supe the slip for the day.That driver was very proud of himself and couldn't contain his laughter as he told anybody who would listen.
One of my boys knew he was being followed by our center manager and another center manager one day. So he proceeded to back into every short driveway and walk off every long driveway.

didyousheetit

I realize comp fraud runs rampant, but the MRI does not lie. Heck, I had been complaining of the pain 3 times a week during PT. The company authorized several test that all came back inconclusive. Finally after being out for 5 months and getting an attorney, a MRI was authorized. It showed the herniated disc', and the problem was exactly where I had been telling the PT. The first words out of the Orthopedic surgeons mouth were, why did it take so long to get a MRI ? He added the CTscan, and bone scan come back inconclusive 99% of the time. He was rather disturbed that I had been in horrible pain for so long, and to save a few bucks, and get me in a financial pickle, the test that would prove that I was being honest, took way too long for authorization by the company. Comp is not enjoyable by any means, I was at wits end. We only have one body ,dragging the necessary treatment, and possibly believing that the injured is telling the truth is so frustrating. I will ever understand this company and how they feel all us hourly workers are dishonest, especially considering all the lie's that I have caught sup's in. Really stinks....

because it takes a thief to think like a thief !