I.E.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
A little history.......

3 years ago IE came into our center and decided to save UPS a little money by creating a satellite center for an area we had been servicing from our center. There would be 3 routes involved. It was 50 miles from our center. To accomplish this feat packages would have to be routed differently at the hub(SLC) to a different center entirely. The P10 pulling a trailer would have to traverse a mountain pass(dangerous in the winter) to get to the valley now being made a satellite.
Long story short....IE pulled the satellite out after 2 weeks after they realized that it was not working. POOR service. POOR preparation. We told them it would not work and yet their computer programs told them it would. HMMMM......they were confused. The mastermind behind this debacle eventually threw up his hands and walked away leaving us to deal with the mess.
They eventually pulled 2 of the 3 routes back to our center and hauled the third up to satellite driver in a TP60. For 3 years now he has struggled to make a living as the more stops he has the worse his dispatch comes in. He can have a 160 stops, 230 packages and 120 miles and still not get an 8 hour plan. Disgraceful.

Who does IE answer to? What gives them the all powerful right to make the decisions they do when they are obviously, painfully wrong.

VENT done.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Who does IE answer to? What gives them the all powerful right to make the decisions they do when they are obviously, painfully wrong.

They dont answer to anybody, and that complete lack of any sort of accountability is the root cause of most of the issues faced by this company today.

They design and order equipment that they will never have to use. They design facilities that they will never have to work in. They do "time studies" on routes that they will never have to run or directly supervise.

They are never wrong. And if by some miracle they are wrong... then it will never be their problem. They will be promoted, or transferred, or reassigned, and those of us who actually do the work in the real world will be left to wallow in the mess that they have left behind.

Omega man

Their unrealistic planning and short staffing inject most of UPS' problems into daily operations. The company could function so much more efficiently if they planned closer to what actually can be achieved instead of what they hope to achieve under the best conditions.

packageguy

Yes, we all have a story about i.e. We just never enough trucks,
It's a joke, never held accountable, always someone else fault.
I could go on and on.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If the allowances were fair and we were given credit for everything we encounter out there UPS wouldn't have anything to dicipline us on...except for the occasional drunk or person stealing pkgs. It's a control issue nothing less nothing more

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Their unrealistic planning and short staffing inject most of UPS' problems into daily operations. The company could function so much more efficiently if they planned closer to what actually can be achieved instead of what they hope to achieve under the best conditions.
this...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the two IE people who come through my building now and then are borderline retarded

they know the details of our operations very well, but turn a 100% blind eye to ANY problems or complications that ever arise

my last two encounters with them ended with them somehow breaking a half dozen DIAD 4's and then chowing down on the snacks i had set out for drivers coming off their routes
when i pointed out those were for drivers only, they said, "well, they shouldn't be rewarded for staying out this late anyways"

un ****ing believable

menotyou

bella amicizia
my last two encounters with them ended with them chowing down on the snacks i had set out for drivers coming off their routes
when i pointed out those were for drivers only, they said, "well, they shouldn't be rewarded for staying out this late anyways"
What should they be rewarded for?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
IE is like Papal infallibility. They cant be wrong.

So one day when IE tells you its not snowing and you think you see a foot on the ground and more falling you are wrong, IE is right.

Soon IE will be telling us the Earth is flat, and if we disagree we could be sent to the gallows.

My Fav IE move was when they decided a few years back to remove the guy next to me from my loop, so I could no longer take any work from him, but it was ok to have me drive 10 miles though his route to help the next driver, just brillant.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Get this.....our satellite driver had 140 stops yesterday. With a helper his dispatch was just under 5 hours. Unconscionable! And they have let this go on for three years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's all about accountability,take it off the company and give it to the drivers...no matter how bad the numbers are now its on us...and there will still be a few guys able to get it done thus making the whole thing right in the companies eyes.