I failed the audit twice in a row, is it possible that I may get fired if it continues?

Lone Sorter

Hi everyone, I've been a sorter at the Secaucus Hub in NJ for 6 months now. The first 4 months I did very well when ever I was questioned and given a passing grade in the 90's for my sorting. Recently I've been in the bag line and the last couple of times I've been observed I failed with a 76. Each time with the same complaint that I throw the bags/packages. It's difficult to do a good job without doing such a thing but I am going to try to do so. The auditor(not sure if thats his title) told me its better to leave the packages that aren't within reach on the floor or put them on the the side in order to avoid failing. Doing so would lower efficiency on my part, I hate not being proficient but I will do it. Any thoughts or advice?

ikoi62

Safety first and no you wont get fired,and work as directed.The person doing the audit told you what to do.leave the packages.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
SilentYourefired.jpg
lol

browntroll

unless its one of those official audits where i normally hide, i can care less. my sups do that safety test and always pass me or
tell me to make up a fake comment they would make about something i do wrong while i work. im not sure when is the last time i actually
passed a test by myself.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
the real question is ---Has anybody ever passed an audit?
Yup...I just got one on Monday...a welcome back from vacation audit...lol. I lost points for not having a tote available in the event of a damaged package...lol :oops:

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hi everyone, I've been a sorter at the Secaucus Hub in NJ for 6 months now. The first 4 months I did very well when ever I was questioned and given a passing grade in the 90's for my sorting. Recently I've been in the bag line and the last couple of times I've been observed I failed with a 76. Each time with the same complaint that I throw the bags/packages. It's difficult to do a good job without doing such a thing but I am going to try to do so. The auditor(not sure if thats his title) told me its better to leave the packages that aren't within reach on the floor or put them on the the side in order to avoid failing. Doing so would lower efficiency on my part, I hate not being proficient but I will do it. Any thoughts or advice?
Hand to surface...don't throw packages when being audited. Yes, you can be disciplined for not working safely, or not working as directed.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
A 76 is a C ,passing grade I would think !
I think Patton got all C's at WestPoint !!
Good thing they kept him huh !
Throwing packages Will get you fired !!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A 76 is a C ,passing grade I would think !
I think Patton got all C's at WestPoint !!
Good thing they kept him huh !
Throwing packages Will get you fired !!

I saw a driver purposely throw a package on to the (air) belt in front of some auditors and his supervisor. He's still here. Didn't even get a warning letter I think.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I saw a driver purposely throw a package on to the (air) belt in front of some auditors and his supervisor. He's still here. Didn't even get a warning letter I think.
got lucky... bottom line is these are parcels entrusted to us to be taken care of like our own..We are here to service the customer not to toss their stuff around....

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

They could try to progressively discipline you on "procedures and methods" but I doubt that's going to happen. The first time your supervisor brings out your employee record and writes you up for any bull:censored2: an auditor complains about is when you start slowing down and working deliberately.

I can't believe an auditor is telling sorters to leave packages on the floor; that's how you can tell these guys have never worked at UPS. The sort aisles already have enough egress issues as it is.

PT Car Washer

Or when there are guest in the building for a Dog and Pony Show. Hand to surface handling, no belt jams, everything running smooth. Until they leave then it is back to chaos.