I find it comical...

...when you hand the diad to someone so they can sign and they try to turn it around. Wonder what makes them think we woundn't hand it to them the correct way...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Every character on the keyboard is upside down to them at first reaction. Hand it to someone who has signed more than twice and you won't see them try to turn it back around.

Indecisi0n

Every character on the keyboard is upside down to them at first reaction. Hand it to someone who has signed more than twice and you won't see them try to turn it back around.

Wrong. Been on my route for weeks now and the same people turn it over time and time again. At this point I don't even say anything to them. I let them sign it upside down and input the name.

browndog123

What about when you say,"just need your last name" and they sign their whole name. Or they just look at you with a quizical look on their face.

Johney

...when you hand the diad to someone so they can sign and they try to turn it around. Wonder what makes them think we woundn't hand it to them the correct way...
You are not using your methods. You are supposed to maintain control of your DIAD(although very hard to do). It's always been that way. I have more problems with them hitting the sig button before they sign.

You are not using your methods. You are supposed to maintain control of your DIAD(although very hard to do). It's always been that way. I have more problems with them hitting the sig button before they sign.

I hold it most of the time. Some of them still try to turn it around. On a side note though, I also find it funny when people try to give me usps packages

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wrong. Been on my route for weeks now and the same people turn it over time and time again. At this point I don't even say anything to them. I let them sign it upside down and input the name.
You must still be using the DIAD 4. The new DIAD has a big UPS emblem on the screen that shows the correct orientation. As far as people doing the same thing over and over, that's not the DIAD fault, that's plain stupidity.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We're using DIAD 5 now and that issue is resolved. You can pretty much do everything from the touch screen barring you're not wearing gloves. The only problem I've seen is when the screen is active at night and you place it in the holder after a stop, the screen lights up the entire cab. It's brighter than my cabin light, and is actually a distraction. Also when delivering at night and you look at the screen, after you turn away I get the same dilated pupils like I've been staring at a cars headlights. Yeah, it's that bright.

BlackCat

We're using DIAD 5 now and that issue is resolved. You can pretty much do everything from the touch screen barring you're not wearing gloves. The only problem I've seen is when the screen is active at night and you place it in the holder after a stop, the screen lights up the entire cab. It's brighter than my cabin light, and is actually a distraction. Also when delivering at night and you look at the screen, after you turn away I get the same dilated pupils like I've been staring at a cars headlights. Yeah, it's that bright.

The flashlight works pretty well..

DiadDude

A new version of the software should be coming to your center this year with an auto-dimming screen feature. Hopefully it helps with this problem

djkre8r

I found it comical last week when a guy went to sign and it looked like crap. He asked if I could erase it and let him start over. I said "you can, just shake it like an Etcha Sketch". Then he shook it. Managers at Wal-Marts! LOL

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
A new version of the software should be coming to your center this year with an auto-dimming screen feature. Hopefully it helps with this problem
Shorts with built in pockets would help also since the hard sided ones we have now interfere with the seat belt. Most of us carried it around in our jacket pocket while it was cold for this reason.