I found out I'm pregnant what benefits am i entitled to?

Funtimes

I work as a pt repackaging clerk and customer service.

I need to find out what I'm entitled being pregnant like as far as how much time I can get off without losing benefits n such?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I work as a pt repackaging clerk and customer service. I need to find out what I'm entitled being pregnant like as far as how much time I can get off without losing benefits n such?
Seriously though, FMLA will give you up to 12 weeks unpaid leave to deal with the pregnancy. They can also work you inside for a period of time at your pay rate.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I did read thar article before and I don't want to be pushed out like she was
Ladies, I think that effective this year(2015) UPS had to change their ways in regards to dealing with women and pregnancies. I do not know the exact specifics of the change though. To the OP, we have a pregnant driver and they are letting her work inside because she just got placed on lifting restrictions. We also have a loader who exercised her FMLA so she could stay at home to prepare for her pregnancy and deal with her complications.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ladies, I think that effective this year(2015) UPS had to change their ways in regards to dealing with women and pregnancies. I do not know the exact specifics of the change though. To the OP, we have a pregnant driver and they are letting her work inside because she just got placed on lifting restrictions. We also have a loader who exercised her FMLA so she could stay at home to prepare for her pregnancy and deal with her complications.
Ahhh...to the OP, I was not saying that it would happen to you. Just that it does happen....know your rights, talk to your steward and BA.

Funtimes

So fmla says I can have 6 weeks to be home with the baby before I go back to work?

And thanks for all the feedback

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
She is part time.
Will be entitled to six weeks FMLA.
Yes I'm union and worked there for 2 years.

I work there for the benefits for my family
You may not even be eligible for FMLA, yet. PT employees must have 3 years of service and worked 625 hours in the past year, read the contract and talk to your Business Agent. (If you worked 1,250 hours you are considered full time with respect to that law and eligible for 12 weeks-regardless of your 'part time' status)