I got a new on road supervisor

El Correcto

god is dead
This guy is a monster, my first one was cool and nice to me. I could call him at any time he'd answer with a helpful attitude and be understanding if it was bad news. This new one I got told me I would receive a warning letter if I didn't make service on a misloaded business package.
I kind of see why you guys don't help out management now or take their numbers into consideration. The good ones don't last and the piss poor ones take over eventually.

Anyways I haven't had to deal with harassment from management yet, but I can tell it's coming with this guy. I've been following trace 100% besides business and air service coming in overallowed by atleast an hour everyday since he took over. Today I had businesses on my truck that were not in my edd even though they were supposed to be on my truck, one was a next day air. I made service but was wondering could this be my on roads doing trying to get me to roll a stop or have late/missed packages?

underworked1

This guy is a monster, my first one was cool and nice to me. I could call him at any time he'd answer with a helpful attitude and be understanding if it was bad news. This new one I got told me I would receive a warning letter if I didn't make service on a misloaded business package.
I kind of see why you guys don't help out management now or take their numbers into consideration. The good ones don't last and the piss poor ones take over eventually.

Anyways I haven't had to deal with harassment from management yet, but I can tell it's coming with this guy. I've been following trace 100% besides business and air service coming in overallowed by atleast an hour everyday since he took over. Today I had businesses on my truck that were not in my edd even though they were supposed to be on my truck, one was a next day air. I made service but was wondering could this be my on roads doing trying to get me to roll a stop or have late/missed packages?
Next time he starts in with anything about numbers or possible dicipline say you want a steward present. He can't talk to you after that until one is present. Don't talk to him until you clock in. If he calls you in before start time remind him you are off the clock. If it keeps up file a harassment grievance. These grievances will be an arguing point If they ever try to get rid of you. Claim retaliation and harassment. There are many ways you can :censored2: them right back, the senior drivers know how to break it off in their ass. Watch and learn.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

@upsguy72? Please stop harassing this fine driver!

twoweeled

Next time he starts in with anything about numbers or possible dicipline say you want a steward present. He can't talk to you after that until one is present. Don't talk to him until you clock in. If he calls you in before start time remind him you are off the clock. If it keeps up file a harassment grievance. These grievances will be an arguing point If they ever try to get rid of you. Claim retaliation and harassment. There are many ways you can :censored2: them right back, the senior drivers know how to break it off in their ass. Watch and learn.
EXACTLY WHAT THIS GUY ABOVE SAYS! Only I don't have as much faith in ALL senior drivers. There are senior drivers who talk a lot, but do little. Talk to the drivers you see in the office a lot. You'll know the ones management are always on.
That sup could just have that attitude. He could have been put there to straighten out your numbers. There may be a bounty on you. Either way, it sounds like you'd better get on the offensive. Do like "underworked" said, religiously! It doesn't have to be disciplinary meeting, but if it could POSSIBLY become a disciplinary meeting. Get a steward, EVERY SINGLE TIME. You on the bad boy list. It isn't going away for awhile. The grievances are your documentation. Don't get caught up in, I won this grievance, or lost this grievance. That's not so important. Grievances are your proof, there has been an ongoing problem. Some locals give you a couple of lines to write and explain. I always write an additional page of anything I would want an arbitrator to see, but may not be allowed in Arbitration. Management will know/see that you are also, documenting everything. Management isn't too crazy about that. Either is the Union, but they'll go with it. Throw time allowances out the window. do everything that is supposed to be done, the way it's supposed to be done. Without ANY regard for allowances, or that damn payroll. They won't fire you for getting beat, but they will for not working according to methods, or dishonesty. Dishonesty is a gigantic HUGE umbrella, FYI. You'll probably be getting more rides and your car checked before and after you leave.
Setting you up? Management today, doesn't have the integrity of management years ago. but they don't wanna get caught doing something wrong either. That's a difficult one for me to answer.
Extremely Important. Make sure, whatever you write down on those grievances, IS TRUE. ALWAYS TRUE. It has to be 100% to bite management in the butt. Otherwise, it'll bite you in the butt. ALWAYS, 100% true and accurate.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Warning letters are a good substitute for tissues if I run out

Just do the job and yes this new ORS to death. Ill try better next time. Yes OK I understand. Blah Blah Blah

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have seen my fair share of on roads come and go. The best way to handle it is to do the job by the methods. Employ the time honored principle of CYA. Get EDD when you punch in and get it again right before you leave. Remember management aren't there to be your friend. Keep all contact polite and professional.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
welcome to the new UPS. you must be very very very new if you haven't been harassed before. there is some good advice here. i advise you to take it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is he good looking?
724317.jpg