I got a ticket

hegro

Will try to keep this short.

I went through driver training back in April. Finally got called for driving this peak season. I am just seasonal. I drove all this week and last and a few days the week before. 4 weeks ago(a week or so before I started driving) I got a seat belt ticket. Didn't think anything of it, figured I already went through training so 'in my head' I thought it didn't matter. The ticket was my first in 4 years.

Fast forward to the other day and I got a voicemail from the HR lady saying I need to come in and sign some piece of paper confirming I haven't had any tickets in a year.(I think?) She mentioned I did one already but needed to update it. Did I :censored2: up?

I realize I am going to get tons of, "Be thankful, you don't want to work here anyways" and "get out while you still can." I would really appreciate a serious response or two as I need to go in and sign this paper on Tuesday. I want to go full time driving soon after peak(I am near the top of the full-time list) and really don't want this to jeopardize it for another 11 months. =/

hegro

I don't think seat belt tickets show up on any background or MVR's.

Was just curious because when I initially signed up a year ago I was told I could have no tickets or accidents within a year. Seat belt tickets included.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just checked and in my state it is considered a moving violation.

Edit: Seriously, it is considered a moving violation and it was a $10 fine. WTF
So were you found guilty before you filled out the paperwork the first time>? If so and failed to list it, then it's dishonest. If you filled out paperwork and were not convicted yet or had your day in court, you still technically did not have any violations. On this new form, just list it and the disposition. You should be ok.

hegro

So were you found guilty before you filled out the paperwork the first time>? If so and failed to list it, then it's dishonest. If you filled out paperwork and were not convicted yet or had your day in court, you still technically did not have any violations. On this new form, just list it and the disposition. You should be ok.
Filled out the initial paperwork when I first went through training I think back in April. Got the ticket 4 weeks ago or so and started driving around 3 weeks ago. I didn't even think about it until I got the call from HR 2 days ago.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's Peak, and you have a pulse. You should be fine.

You would think, but...

We had a driver who got a DUI earlier this year. Got his conditional license, went to all the classes, jumped through all the hoops only to have the judge take his license away for a year. OCS and center manager tried to get approval for him to ride along with a new driver for Peak. DM said no so he is double shifting on the inside to get his 8 hours. We could have used him as he knows 15 routes---instead he is loading package cars.

hegro

You should give your sup a heads up on Monday.
Thank you for the advice. Any speculation as to if I can't get a ticket up until I actually start driving or just up until I go and finish class? I was almost positive I was told after we finished class we couldn't be disqualified for a ticket any longer. Not sure now anymore.

upschuck

Thank you for the advice. Any speculation as to if I can't get a ticket up until I actually start driving or just up until I go and finish class? I was almost positive I was told after we finished class we couldn't be disqualified for a ticket any longer. Not sure now anymore.
The yearly form that gets filled out, you are allowed three violations.

hegro

The yearly form that gets filled out, you are allowed three violations.
Yeah I knew that, was more just worried because I just started driving and didn't want to be all of a sudden disqualified for a ticket that happened after training but before I started driving.