I got into my first fender bender with a parked car, whats to follow?

Guitarman01

So this sucks. Im a midday and bid on and was accepted for a full time am job (perfect timing btw with winter coming). Right before im about to go on vacation, I was going to take my lunch and parked too close to a car right next to me. I go to leave and I end up clipping the corner bumper of this older car with my sprinter van. Both the sprinter and the other car took some minor damage. I am aware of the horrible turning radius of the sprinters but this oncoming van kind of distracted me and I took my eyes off of my side mirror for a second.

I would say ive been a very good employee minus this incident which im pretty pissed off about because I know better.
I assume I will get a warning letter?
How many accidents or incidents are you allowed per year?
I think my manager likes me, but I understand anything like this is beyond him.
Will these warning letters eventually clear from your record?

Thats the only thing about this line of work, a couple of wrong moves and thats your job.

Buhryein

So this sucks. Im a midday and bid on and was accepted for a full time am job (perfect timing btw with winter coming). Right before im about to go on vacation, I was going to take my lunch and parked too close to a car right next to me. I go to leave and I end up clipping the corner bumper of this older car with my sprinter van. Both the sprinter and the other car took some minor damage. I am aware of the horrible turning radius of the sprinters but this oncoming van kind of distracted me and I took my eyes off of my side mirror for a second.

I would say ive been a very good employee minus this incident which im pretty pissed off about because I know better.

Thats the only thing about this line of work, a couple of wrong moves and thats your job.
I wanna say it was 3 in 18months?

No biggie as long as you reported it, it'll eventually come off has no effect on you taking the new position.

floridays

Do you have ankels?

If you answered yes, bend over and grab them.

You are todays ride, it's a six ticket ride.

MassWineGuy

I think it’s three accidents in six years. Yes, a letter for sure, which puts you on the hot seat for one year. If another letter-worthy event happens within that year they can fire you.

Nolimitz

I've had two minor fender benders. Owned up to both and never got a letter for either. Had a 1/2 day (safety) ride along each time the next day.

Guitarman01

Just be humble and truthfull. Take your lumps and learn from the experince.
Thanks. The irony is I was done. I didnt even need to take a lunch. My manager sent me back out with a couple of deliveries that forced me to take a break. I was going to park in a different parking lot even that was much more wide open and walk to this other place, but then I changed my mind.
Go figure.

Aquaman

3 letters in a year will get you fired. Letters fall off record after a year. It’s damn near impossible to get fired from Express dude unless you falsify. You’ll never have enough accidents to lose your job.

FedexCares

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Learn from it, but don’t stress.

I got into a slight fender bender myself when backing during my first year and got a letter. Shortly after I got another letter for not wearing my seatbelt during vehicle operation. I drove the vehicle like 100 feet to my car to grab my lunch, and the manager just happened to be in the area and caught me with no seat belt.

That was 2 letters in the span of a few weeks, knowing a 3rd and I was terminated. I got through that first year, and never had any major issue again.

A fender bender or something similar during the first year is extremely common. Once you get out of that first year you have enough experience to avoid these type of situations

falcon back

3 letters in a year will get you fired. Letters fall off record after a year. It’s damn near impossible to get fired from Express dude unless you falsify. You’ll never have enough accidents to lose your job.
Never say never. Accidents will get you fired just like falsification or theft. Seen too many get fired because of accidents. You need to learn from your mistakes and not make them again.

SmithBarney

I think it’s three accidents in six years. Yes, a letter for sure, which puts you on the hot seat for one year. If another letter-worthy event happens within that year they can fire you.
We have people with 3 accidents in 3 months... and they are still around, the only ones getting fired are the ones who don't show up to work.

floridays

Never say never. Accidents will get you fired just like falsification or theft. Seen too many get fired because of accidents. You need to learn from your mistakes and not make them again.
You got older siblings?
If so your parents din learn nuthin.

Just pokin skindiver, Fore.

chris45

Most has been said

But now they're sending people back to defensive driving class with new hires for accidents, it happened to me a few months ago for An accident that happened 4 years ago. And my coworker is going next week for an accident from a few years ago

So I assume you'll probably go?....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Most has been said

But now they're sending people back to defensive driving class with new hires for accidents, it happened to me a few months ago for An accident that happened 4 years ago. And my coworker is going next week for an accident from a few years ago

Sounds like easy money to me.

falcon back

Most has been said

REDS class