I got timestudied today....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
By a real professional. I am confident that this timestudy will be every bit as fair and accurate as all the others that I have had. I liked the fact that the I.E. person who rode with me didnt talk too much. She did hold me up a few times by being a bit slow to fasten her seatbelt....so I am sure my sup will accuse me of "milking it" once the results come in.
0922081745[1].jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
looks like the goat was doing a little pose for you! Next time try to get it up in the drivers seat, then snap a picture.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
By a real professional. I am confident that this timestudy will be every bit as fair and accurate as all the others that I have had. I liked the fact that the I.E. person who rode with me didnt talk too much. She did hold me up a few times by being a bit slow to fasten her seatbelt....so I am sure my sup will accuse me of "milking it" once the results come in.

What's that metal thing to the right of the goat. Hate to bump my knee on that thing!!!

paidslave

I am sure you will gain hours!:thumbsup:

soberups

Looks like the reciever for a trailer hitch. Interesting place to store it.

That is exactly what it is. The company that installed the hitches on our cars originally installed the reciever holder in the RDR area of the package compartment...which meant that the preloader had to load packages around it, and that I would have to unload those same packages every morning in order to get the damn thing out when I needed to hook up. I was able to talk my mechanic into moving it up into the cab, where it is more accessible. I have never even come close to hitting my knee on it, it is well out of the way when I get in and out of the truck.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That is exactly what it is. The company that installed the hitches on our cars originally installed the reciever holder in the RDR area of the package compartment...which meant that the preloader had to load packages around it, and that I would have to unload those same packages every morning in order to get the damn thing out when I needed to hook up. I was able to talk my mechanic into moving it up into the cab, where it is more accessible. I have never even come close to hitting my knee on it, it is well out of the way when I get in and out of the truck.

That's strange, here our mechanics have devised a hinged tailgate. You flip it up to expose the hitch and hook up to the trailer. When you're done, unhook and flip it back down. The hitch is always connected to the pkg car. I'll take a picture today and post it later.

soberups

You guys have a different brand of hitch. We have a few like that also, but almost all of our hitch cars have a removable coupler that slides into the receiver, secures with a pin, and sticks out about a foot behind the bumper. It is a common brand of aftermarket hitch..."Reese"...that is used on a lot of RV's. Once you are done towing you need to remove the receiver and stow it someplace, or else you would be spending the entire day with a 2 5/8" steel ball sticking out the back of your truck. I can tell you that the pain of whacking your shin or kneecap on a trailer ball is truly amazing. I swore in languages I didnt even know.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
You guys have a different brand of hitch. We have a few like that also, but almost all of our hitch cars have a removable coupler that slides into the receiver, secures with a pin, and sticks out about a foot behind the bumper. It is a common brand of aftermarket hitch..."Reese"...that is used on a lot of RV's. Once you are done towing you need to remove the receiver and stow it someplace, or else you would be spending the entire day with a 2 5/8" steel ball sticking out the back of your truck. I can tell you that the pain of whacking your shin or kneecap on a trailer ball is truly amazing. I swore in languages I didnt even know.

That's why they're called "stingers"!

Swearing in languages I don't even know, now thats funny!

over9five

Staff member
Does seem strange that they use these removable hitches when we can get hitches the driver never has to touch. I mean, the time factor alone. How many minutes does Soberups lose everyday? And of course, it adds up to many hours per year! And over the years, he has lost maybe days of time that could be better spent producing sales leads, memorizing the 10 pt commentary, polishing his shoes, etc. Think of the money lost!!! Money that could be spent on washing that dirty car, buying better uniforms, adding that 3 point seat belt!!!

Tick, tick, tick.......... It all adds up!

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09

Somebody rode with you? Lucky you, they are doing ours right now, no rides, only being done on a computer somewhere, not even here.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Does seem strange that they use these removable hitches when we can get hitches the driver never has to touch. I mean, the time factor alone. How many minutes does Soberups lose everyday? And of course, it adds up to many hours per year! And over the years, he has lost maybe days of time that could be better spent producing sales leads, memorizing the 10 pt commentary, polishing his shoes, etc. Think of the money lost!!! Money that could be spent on washing that dirty car, buying better uniforms, adding that 3 point seat belt!!!

Not to mention cleaning up after the goat, Yuck!!!

soberups

Actually, it doesnt really take any longer at all. You have to either flip up the bumper, or slide the stinger into the hitch and pin it. Either option involves stopping, getting out of the truck and walking to the rear before you can back all the way up to the trailer. I can have a trailer hooked up and ready to go in about 2 minutes.

Our district got rid of the old style hitches because they were welded to the frame and we had a couple break off. The new design is bolted to the frame and is supposedly more durable. They can also be removed and reinstalled to a different car if we wind up transferring the truck to an area that doesnt need hitch cars. But the icing on the cake with the new design is that the stinger makes a wonderful club for those "special" occasions when I feel like walking into my bosses office with a 15 pound, 36 inch iron bar.... and throwing a tantrum.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Actually, it doesnt really take any longer at all. You have to either flip up the bumper, or slide the stinger into the hitch and pin it. Either option involves stopping, getting out of the truck and walking to the rear before you can back all the way up to the trailer. I can have a trailer hooked up and ready to go in about 2 minutes.

Our district got rid of the old style hitches because they were welded to the frame and we had a couple break off. The new design is bolted to the frame and is supposedly more durable. They can also be removed and reinstalled to a different car if we wind up transferring the truck to an area that doesnt need hitch cars. But the icing on the cake with the new design is that the stinger makes a wonderful club for those "special" occasions when I feel like walking into my bosses office with a 15 pound chunk of steel and throwing a tantrum.

Hey sober, did you know that you get 15mins time allowance per connect/disconnect? That's according to my center manager.

upsdude

Funny how UPS will not move or add a better handrail, can’t “Alter the vehicle”.

Trailer hitch to pull several hundred pounds? No problem!!