I HAD to abuse him.......

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Last week, I had a next day air Express package for a customer. When I arrived at his apartment (on the THIRD floor) I was informed that there was not a person by that name that lived there. This is a college housing complex and sometime the packages arrive with the parent's names on them. They assured me that there was no one by the name. I marked it NSP.

Later in the afternoon, I get a message from OMS. She said that customer called in and adamantly claimed that the address was correct.

I messaged back that I was told he, in fact, did not live there.

She asked who told me that and I said the 2 guys that lived in the apartment. She told me to re-attempt. I shrugged and said okay. It all pays the same.

Second trip to the third floor and knock on the door. Feeling foolish I again ask the same guys if this guy lived here. They looked at me like I was nuts. I showed them the message on the DIAD. They laughed and said the guy still does not live there.

Perturbed.....I stop in at the manager. They were not there on my first attempt. She looks at the package. She says he must have forgotten that the moved to another apartment. Again on the third floor but different building. Not going to make a third trip to the third floor for this guy. I had done enough stairs for the day. I mark the package moved. This dude had jerked me around enough for that day.

Guess what? Another Express package arrived today. Again with the wrong apartment on it. Guess what I did with it?

Sorry had to vent.

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

i hear that ... job tough enough without having the run around. people have no clue as to what goes on in a big brown drivers day. give me just 5 minutes and i'll have it ready, thats my favorite. but the customer is what pays my paycheck so i wait with a smile on the outside =)

DS

Fenderbender
I'd ask the OMS for the cust phone # and call him(her) tell them to be waiting in front of the bldg at EXACTLY 4:25 PM(ex)
But that's just me

cino321

Last week, I had a next day air Express package for a customer. When I arrived at his apartment (on the THIRD floor) I was informed that there was not a person by that name that lived there. This is a college housing complex and sometime the packages arrive with the parent's names on them. They assured me that there was no one by the name. I marked it NSP.

Later in the afternoon, I get a message from OMS. She said that customer called in and adamantly claimed that the address was correct.

I messaged back that I was told he, in fact, did not live there.

She asked who told me that and I said the 2 guys that lived in the apartment. She told me to re-attempt. I shrugged and said okay. It all pays the same.

Second trip to the third floor and knock on the door. Feeling foolish I again ask the same guys if this guy lived here. They looked at me like I was nuts. I showed them the message on the DIAD. They laughed and said the guy still does not live there.

Perturbed.....I stop in at the manager. They were not there on my first attempt. She looks at the package. She says he must have forgotten that the moved to another apartment. Again on the third floor but different building. Not going to make a third trip to the third floor for this guy. I had done enough stairs for the day. I mark the package moved. This dude had jerked me around enough for that day.

Guess what? Another Express package arrived today. Again with the wrong apartment on it. Guess what I did with it?

Sorry had to vent.

Yeah I don't bother searching for people like that inside multiple consignee dwellings. Too many opportunities for fraud.

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

doing more for the customer, just to get ripped by the boss tomorrow, doesn't seem fair

how true they seem to for get that it used to be called united parcel s e r v i c e. It is my down fall i have a hard time telling a customer i cant wait or come back or what ever. Gets me in the hot water daily.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Screw them,. if they aint there, they can pick it up. I adont have a code for screwed up customers, I get no time for that.

satellitedriver

Guess what I did with it?

Sorry had to vent.
Hopefully, you sheeted it as moved.

Customers have only one chance to screw me over, due their ignorance.
I live in a rural area and still have to deliver to people who have moved 20 miles away from their 5yr "old" address.
If I am going to be in the area they really live, I deliver it. If I have nothing in their area, I sheet it as moved.
Vent away, we all need a pop off valve.

kingOFchester

For me, the story would of played out like this...

Service cross it with moved and turn in to QC. Next day, our wonderful QC team would address correct it to the same address. Usually takes several times before they get it right. Drivers seem to be the only ones who are held accountable for mistakes.

Just make sure your shoes are shined and uniform pressed. Don't worry about the small things like a truck that breaks down several times a week, a truck that leaks and ruins packages, or missloads out the wahzoo, QC packages that do not get corrected

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had a DSL box from our local phone company for 3805 XXXX St. on Monday. Attempted the delivery. Took it back - NSN. It was back on the truck yesterday as a good address. Took it back out again. Duh, like I'm the one that doesn't know my rte but hey maybe my clerk knows something that I don't. There are 3 sections to this street. The lowest one is 3400 range. Second one, 3800-4100. Third - 4500-4900. The lowest lowest number in the second section is 3845. I know, I deliver to him all the time. Next to him is the golf course. Maybe the customer is homeless and lives on the 3rd fairway somewhere. I need my clerk to come with me to point out the exact spot where I should DR the damn DSL. :nobrainzombis:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Customers pay a premium for NDA service and we should do all that we can to deliver them on the first attempt. Yes, I would have gone back to the third floor of the other building, address corrected the package in the DIAD and delivered it. I would have done the same on the second NDA.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In the era of using EC to make up for a bad dispatch, if there is the slightest hint of inclement weather, why bother?

Indecisi0n

I had a DSL box from our local phone company for 3805 XXXX St. on Monday. Attempted the delivery. Took it back - NSN. It was back on the truck yesterday as a good address. Took it back out again. Duh, like I'm the one that doesn't know my rte but hey maybe my clerk knows something that I don't. There are 3 sections to this street. The lowest one is 3400 range. Second one, 3800-4100. Third - 4500-4900. The lowest lowest number in the second section is 3845. I know, I deliver to him all the time. Next to him is the golf course. Maybe the customer is homeless and lives on the 3rd fairway somewhere. I need my clerk to come with me to point out the exact spot where I should DR the damn DSL. :nobrainzombis:

If they are using DSL they are poor for sure.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I guess our center is different--EC is a big deal and is only to be used as a last resort.
And that is as it should be. I was off last Wed. and when I came back on Thurs there was an EC that I had to deliver. It was a shag that the driver did not want to deliver. It was not a legitimate EC, but there was nothing said about it.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Customers pay a premium for NDA service and we should do all that we can to deliver them on the first attempt. Yes, I would have gone back to the third floor of the other building, address corrected the package in the DIAD and delivered it. I would have done the same on the second NDA.

I know perfectly well that they pay a premium for the service....even more so when it is international. BUT when they get all indignant and maintain that it is a good address when they KNOW that it is not that is where I draw the line. Call the shipper and make sure they have the right address. There are times that an avenue for all the frustrations of the day is needed. I know.....I know.....I am a professional. But then........