I HAD to abuse him.......

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if one of my drivers told me they had been to the location and been told no one by that name lived there, i would have much more thoroughly interviewed the customer for an EXACT location so everyone involved was crystal clear

if they still insisted on that address, and wasted the drivers time like that, they'd be waiting for tomorrow

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

Off topic but yea its amazing how ec's get used if there is a dusting of snow. Or an early storm where roads are clear early yet they still say ec what you have to to be in no one over 9-5 today. My signature says it all.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Off topic but yea its amazing how ec's get used if there is a dusting of snow. Or an early storm where roads are clear early yet they still say ec what you have to to be in no one over 9-5 today. My signature says it all.
As UPSTATE said, EC used to be a big thing. The few storms we had we had to ec to get in, which was much easier to do than put out a logical dispatch. I feel quite dishonest going through my load deciding who I service, who I dont.

satellitedriver

I guess our center is different--EC is a big deal and is only to be used as a last resort.
I am not trying to be being a smart ass.
Has your center implemented EDD, Pas/Pal, Add/Cuts and telematics?
The reason I ask is that it seemed to be the turning point in the use EC'S, in our center, to cover up incorrect dispatch.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had a driver tell me last night that, it was pointed out to him that he wasted mileage on a stop. I'm thinking the EC thing is just another way of saving mileage, although it has to be delivered sooner or later. Just UPS stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. I use EC when I have too.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
No W/C though I should have. No EC......couldn't justify it. I did the same thing as before, hoping to teach him a lesson about putting proper addresses on his packages. I NSP it and did the entire process over again. Address corrected to proper apartment and he get charged the addition $10 for an correction.