I hate my job club ! Ups package car

GolfCart

Newbee here .. UPS for 23 yrs . Been driving for 20 yrs , very lucky to be a scratch driver most days ( I have a good route ) They are killing us at our hub ! Way to much work , and they send people HOME ! So I kept saying , " I hate my job ! " Next thing I know at my hub , we have a club now . Our hand shake is fist bump with thumbs down . So over half the hub is walikng around saying ' I HATE MY JOB " or doing the hand symbol. Don't get me wrong , I am VERY HAPPY to have a job , but UPS is just killing us this peak . I have had a helper since mid Nov . Its a good laugh , to take so stress off us as drivers . We are having a blast with our " I hate my job club " I did tell the district manager , in the summer , that I hate to come to work . Getting off at 7-8 every night in the south 's summer heat was NO FUN !! He said that he was SICK to hear that , and would look into it ???? The work load has been UNREAL in the last year ! Its like they want us to die . My hub is trying to " Cut out the air drivers " so we have the MAX air load , EVERYDAY now . I have never had late air ( 1-5 a YEAR !! ) now I have late air every week !! Once again , i am GALD to have a job at UPS , but it sure is fun to have our little I. H . M. J. ( I hate my job club ) , just a god laugh every day . I have a GREAT helper this year , 220 stops , 150 miles, with pickups , and we scratch most days . After reading other post on this site , I am glad to see that others are unhappy at UPS . Most people think its just me , I tell they NO , UPS likes putting the screws to ANYONE !!

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
My building has very few happy drivers, the mgmt team hates the job. When the hire ups hear this they smile like the grinch and wonder how they can make it worse.

ups1990

Sometimes all we need is to vent and this is the perfect site and forum to do just that. We're all under the gun and each one deals with their respective situation in a matter they see fit.

rod

Retired 22 years
There were many many days when I was a driver that all I could do was force myself to laugh at some of their stupid decisions. It was either laugh or choke the crap out of someone. It still amazes me that UPS doesn't have a "going postal" situation daily.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most everyone 'hates their job' and feel they are 'in a rut' with their job. It's human nature.

I would agree with you on that. My wife had a 9 to 5 job for years that she didn't really love either but I reminded her more than once that at least her job WAS 9 to 5. She knew every day what time she would be off work and exactly what was expected of her -- unlike a UPS driver who is at the mercy of some desk driver a thousand miles away who has no idea what any particular event will screw up a delivery drivers day. Also if she was really fed up she could at the drop of a hat just take as little as 15 minutes of paid vacation time or say she had a headache and take a few hours paid sick leave. (nothing like a government job)

Integrity

Binge Poster
Most everyone 'hates their job' and feel they are 'in a rut' with their job. It's human nature.
moreluck,

It is human nature to sin.

That is why Jesus came.

Most people that I know that have accepted Jesus and what he did for us do not hate their jobs.

Sincerely,

I

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, everybody I know hates their jobs......that's my experience and my observation. Other people observe other things. Look with your special eyes and let others look with their special eyes.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well, everybody I know hates their jobs......that's my experience and my observation. Other people observe other things. Look with your special eyes and let others look with their special eyes.
moreluck,

I can't control how others view things or sees things.

I am truly sorry for you, that this has been your experience and observation.

You may want to consider some new people and new places. You may see something new that you just might like.

I mean you no disrespect by sharing this.

Sincerely,
I

I can't think of one thing right now to thank Him for.

You can start with us here at the brown cafe. Plus I heard your hot so that's good also. You seem like a sweet woman and whenever I drunk post you usually tell me to be safe so I appreciate you. Keep your head up kid we love you here. Thanks for being you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You can start with us here at the brown cafe. Plus I heard your hot so that's good also. You seem like a sweet woman and whenever I drunk post you usually tell me to be safe so I appreciate you. Keep your head up kid we love you here. Thanks for being you.
Thank you, 407. I wasn't fishing. Just a bad day. You are so very sweet. Thank you.