I hate this place.

The Slowest Preloader

It was an accident.
Ive been preloading for 2 years and I :censored2:ing hate it. Everyday is worse and worse and my supervisors are either bi polar smart-asses or hey I'm your buddy so you'll work fast for me right?

The insurance and paid vacations are great and they're the only reason I don't want to quit. So my question is this.

What happens if i just completely slow down? Like show up everyday on time and follow all rules but just not give a :censored2: about how fast I'm going and more focus quality like taping up packages and good load quality. Is there absolutely anything management can do?

Look I don't care if you think im some pusillanimous ass millennial or whatever I just want some answers because with this tendonitis in my knees and an umbilical Hernia at only 26 its either I'm bailing or working at a pace I can tolerate.

Any responses i appreciate

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
don’t kill yourself, it’s not worth it for preload wage , tell your supervisor you want a fair days pay for a fair days work , AND TO STOP QUESTIONING YOUR SAFETY. For the hernia , you have insurance , you need to get it fixed at this job , think of it as a few weeks FMLA/ part time disability vaca ..

The Slowest Preloader

It was an accident.
So to verify... There's nothing they can do as far as termination though right? I can handle them nagging me and the smart ass comments, I know the only reason they went management is to avoid actually having to work anyway

Tony Q

Ive been preloading for 2 years and I :censored2:ing hate it. Everyday is worse and worse and my supervisors are either bi polar smart-asses or hey I'm your buddy so you'll work fast for me right?

The insurance and paid vacations are great and they're the only reason I don't want to quit. So my question is this.

What happens if i just completely slow down? Like show up everyday on time and follow all rules but just not give a :censored2: about how fast I'm going and more focus quality like taping up packages and good load quality. Is there absolutely anything management can do?

Look I don't care if you think im some pusillanimous ass millennial or whatever I just want some answers because with this tendonitis in my knees and an umbilical Hernia at only 26 its either I'm bailing or working at a pace I can tolerate.

Any responses i appreciate
Following all the methods and working smart will help you have a log career and your body will thank you. Working for UPS for the long haul you need to have thick skin. If you can work by the methods, safe, and not let them get to you mentally you will dominate this place.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So to verify... There's nothing they can do as far as termination though right? I can handle them nagging me and the smart ass comments, I know the only reason they went management is to avoid actually having to work anyway
Just show up to work on time and there’s not much they can do. I’m in the union but supervisors take an ear beating just like us. They are sick of the same bs just like us.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This is not a perfect world, there are some things they can do if you work slower than most. But the actual procedure for terminating you really cannot be about the pace you work at. I slowed down quite a bit to work according to the methods and to get good loads out the door. You will find out a normal safe pace is only a few percentage points slower than going crazy anyways.

Also these are 5 hour shifts, I don't ever feel bad milking them for extra hours.

F

Frankie's Friend

One of our slowest loaders always wore earbuds and when supes tried to yell at him he looked at them and 15 seconds later he pulled out the earbuds and with a really dumb look on his face asked them what they were saying until they threw up their hands and walked away. He then put his earbuds back in and continued working.
Dude, they cant keep part timers here. Do ya think theyll fire people who actually show up for work?

Heavy Package

Ive been preloading for 2 years and I :censored2:ing hate it. Everyday is worse and worse

Some honest feedback:

Everyone hates working for UPS. It is a soul-sucking, thankless warehouse job. Your position at UPS, quite honestly, is irrelevant.

You must have something more important that you are working for in order to last here. For me, I am ONLY at UPS for the money, benefits, and pension. I worked preload and became a driver for the money and increased pension. I also have a family that I love and want to provide for them.

At 26, I don't know what your answer is or anyone else's reason for being at UPS, either. You need to have one or this job will eventually get to you and make you a miserable person.

Lastly, take care of your body. You only get one in this life and believe me that not one person will care more than you about how it is treated or how long it lasts. Not one customer, package, envelope, or cardboard box will ever be worth waking up each day in pain as a reminder that you are permanently disabled because you worked for UPS.