I hate U-Hauls.

Hate 150lb Packages

We run 4 cargo vans with 4 drivers. No spare vehicles. Each van was purchased at auction last year AT 250k miles. They now have 350,000+. All of them broke down today. Mine blew a transmission. One blew an engine. We run a remote area, so its hard to come by rentals. The only rentals available were four 27 foot uhauls. None of them fit at the terminal bay doors, so they are parked 50 yards away in a dirt field. We each usually pull 200+ packages each, so we have to walk them one at a time across the dirt field to load. FedEx Ground is a joke. Now I have to deal with constant heckling from :censored2:bags asking me why I'm driving a 27 foot uhaul. Last time this happened I had a dozen 07's because I couldn't even fit that huge POS down the narrow dirt roads. BBsam, do you at least provide your drivers with functioning vehicles? Give those poor bastards some water too. My contractor allows us to buy one 16 ounce bottle of water per day on the gas card. And he reconciles every single receipt. What a saint.

STFXG

You can't get down a road with your massive truck so you scan packages as 07 - recipient not in? :dissapointed:

I was told by SM to 07 packages when I was in my massive uhaul and couldn't get down roads.
07 is resi not in, unable to indirect. I was instructed if unable to access the residence to 07 packages.

Hate 150lb Packages

Same for me ----^. I told the contractor they were DNA's and he said scan as 07, scan the door tags, then throw the door tags away. Is it right? Probably not... But he pays my check so I have to.

STFXG

Is it really a Did Not Attempt if you went to deliver it and couldn't get up the street? You tried to get there. You drove to the address. ATTEMPTED!

STFXG

That's like saying you went to a house, they had a yard full of nasty pit bulls, so you scan it as a DNA instead of an 07? Which would you suggest it be scanned as cjinx? Should the contractor fail service (DNA), or scan it as something that doesn't impact service (07)?

There needs to be more status codes or an option to explain status codes when we need to.

Nick9075

We run 4 cargo vans with 4 drivers. No spare vehicles. Each van was purchased at auction last year AT 250k miles. They now have 350,000+. All of them broke down today. Mine blew a transmission. One blew an engine. We run a remote area, so its hard to come by rentals. The only rentals available were four 27 foot uhauls. None of them fit at the terminal bay doors, so they are parked 50 yards away in a dirt field. We each usually pull 200+ packages each, so we have to walk them one at a time across the dirt field to load. FedEx Ground is a joke. Now I have to deal with constant heckling from :censored2:bags asking me why I'm driving a 27 foot uhaul. Last time this happened I had a dozen 07's because I couldn't even fit that huge POS down the narrow dirt roads. BBsam, do you at least provide your drivers with functioning vehicles? Give those poor bastards some water too. My contractor allows us to buy one 16 ounce bottle of water per day on the gas card. And he reconciles every single receipt. What a saint.

Crazy... and the worst part is that management (P&D) harasses you that you 'may not make service'. If you are the contractor, yes you can have the contract terminated for this reason...

I do give everyone free reign with the gas card, hopefully they are just spending the money on Diesel and regular gas for the trucks

sjh

Why did they break down?? That sounds pretty comedic to me, but I'm sure it sucks for you. I did my driver training in a 24 foot truck, and THAT was pathetic. Then again, I'm 5'4" so I have a hard time reaching pedals in our regular HD trucks, lol. But I still can't get over 4 trucks breaking down in one day.

As for water....uh, it's free. Why would a contractor pay for that? Our guys bring in refilled gallon jugs of water and keep those in their trucks.

CJinx

That's like saying you went to a house, they had a yard full of nasty pit bulls, so you scan it as a DNA instead of an 07? Which would you suggest it be scanned as cjinx? Should the contractor fail service (DNA), or scan it as something that doesn't impact service (07)?
01 - Security delay

CJinx

I was told by SM to 07 packages when I was in my massive uhaul and couldn't get down roads.
07 is resi not in, unable to indirect. I was instructed if unable to access the residence to 07 packages.
And if/when someone gets caught doing that, you know the SM is going to deny that the conversation ever happened and the offender is going to fall on the sword for scanner integrity and falsifying codes.

CJinx

A yard full of pitbulls more than qualifies as a security delay. I wouldn't question it and the P&D/Senior managers shouldn't either.

STFXG

And if/when someone gets caught doing that, you know the SM is going to deny that the conversation ever happened and the offender is going to fall on the sword for scanner integrity and falsifying codes.

Fall on the sword? You really don't know how things work between contractors and SMs.
We say, "we were told this."
They say, "I never said that".
The incident ends with a "do it this way from now on."
"Ok."
Done.

As long as it doesn't happen again its over.

STFXG

A yard full of pitbulls more than qualifies as a security delay. I wouldn't question it and the P&D/Senior managers shouldn't either.

Your building has been trained differently on what qualifies as a security delay and what doesn't. Maybe management needs to learn what status codes are used for what situations if they don't want confusion. Whether that's my building or your building. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not taking any kind of service failure using an 01 or an 07.