I have a 2nd interview!

BrownNinjaz

I chose Day and the UPS is located in Chelmsford,MA. 18-20 a week would be great as I am a full-time student. Biology is killing me. The biggest boss like me already.. :| so I think he'll keep me.

upsgrunt

And how the benefits work? Unfortunately, I am not a full-time college ( but almost )

Here you are not a full time student;

I chose Day and the UPS is located in Chelmsford,MA. 18-20 a week would be great as I am a full-time student. Biology is killing me. The biggest boss like me already.. :| so I think he'll keep me.

The next day, you are.
I'm happy for you that you got hired. Would you please keep us posted- even if you quit or get fired. I'm curious as there have been many like you that have posted on here that they just got hired, plan on being the best worker ever, and then disappear from the face of the earth. IggyIam comes to mind.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here you are not a full time student;

The next day, you are.
I'm happy for you that you got hired. Would you please keep us posted- even if you quit or get fired. I'm curious as there have been many like you that have posted on here that they just got hired, plan on being the best worker ever, and then disappear from the face of the earth. IggyIam comes to mind.

Don't forget BBAG.

kingOFchester

I got hired, he he...! How many hours should I expect a week? 20?

And how the benefits work? Unfortunately, I am not a full-time college ( but almost )((duh))

You don't know? You accpeted a job offer that will start in a week or 2 and you didn't ask the "biggest boss" these questions?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

The biggest boss is a cheater and a fraud, btw. (not assessing him personally, just his role in the company).

Remember, you have yet to work a day at this job. The biggest boss liking you has nothing to do with anything. The biggest boss has no care about who you are or what you stand for. How well you do the job is the only reason he will like you, or not. So it's probably wise to understand that he has no interest or disinterst in you, yet. You need some life experience before you start jumping to conclusions like those.

BrownNinjaz

The biggest boss is a cheater and a fraud, btw. (not assessing him personally, just his role in the company).

Remember, you have yet to work a day at this job. The biggest boss liking you has nothing to do with anything. The biggest boss has no care about who you are or what you stand for. How well you do the job is the only reason he will like you, or not. So it's probably wise to understand that he has no interest or disinterst in you, yet. You need some life experience before you start jumping to conclusions like those.
I know, but he seemed like a nice person. Probably because of the vacation.. I heard him talking to someone. That got him into a good mood I guess. I am a good worker, so he'll like me :)

I know bosses don't care about you, they just want you to work. If you do something bad, you'll get a warning or fired if something severe. =-\

BrownNinjaz

There's a chance you may be seasonal, it's pretty close. Do a good job though and you've got a good chance they'll bring you back after the season and start you on the path to getting seniority and benefits.

Also you're guaranteed only 17.5 hours a week, but depending on the volume and what area you end up in it wouldn't be hard to get 20+ a week.

I am going to message you, you seem to know about this.

Nimnim

The Nim
I am going to message you, you seem to know about this.

I may know a lot of things, but I'm just a pter on a midnight shift in a hub. So it may be better to ask your questions in threads like this where you can get the best chance of answers.

Feel free to ask me anything, can't guarantee I'll have the answer though.

BrownNinjaz

I will ask them here. Here's one, how's the tuition work? Because I registered for a class and financial aids can't assist me on this one because apparently "Painting" is not related to nursing. You think I can get assistance for that from UPS?
I need to pay 500$ plus supplies.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

You thought it would be? But then it wasn't? Well they could be in tuition, but it may be a wait and saw kind of thing. /\ ;o /\

No offense but it is kind of hard to follow your posts.........they don't make sense,

BrownNinjaz

You thought it would be? But then it wasn't? Well they could be in tuition, but it may be a wait and saw kind of thing. /\ ;o /\

No offense but it is kind of hard to follow your posts.........they don't make sense,

I am a sophomore in college. Sorry, but I am usually in a hurry, so I type what ever.

upsgrunt

I take it as UPS not going to help me with that? I thought I would tuition when I start

Lugo,

You have not even punched in for 1 minute of earned pay and you think UPS is just going to hand out money to you for a painting class?

1. I'm afraid you are in for a rude awakening at UPS.
2. Sign up for underwater fire prevention instead; I think the fees are much cheaper.
3. UPS will invest a lot of money just to hire you; before you even work. Believe me that they want a good return on their investment. Tuition reimbursement for a painting class isn't it.

Respectfully,
Steve

BrownNinjaz

I was freaking asking a question , that's all. I am happy to work for UPS, but people in here are being rude and treating me like a person who never went to school or something. Too many rude people in this forum. I came here in peace, so be nice guys^_^
I don't even need tuition.. I was just asking. Financial aids is way better, they're helping me out.

I am a sophomore in college, a reader and I love to write. OK thanks. :):wink2:
I am done with this forum.. I will return when people stop being an *********.
That's OK, people in here aren't educated, stop being jealous. :)

upsgrunt

I was freaking asking a question , that's all. I am happy to work for UPS, but people in here are being rude and treating me like a person who never went to school or something. Too many rude people in this forum. I came here in peace, so be nice guys^_^
I don't even need tuition.. I was just asking. Financial aids is way better, they're helping me out.

Rudeness was not my intention-Sorry
I was making light of the situation
Steve
BA in Communications
University of Illinois

Nimnim

The Nim
Lugo, important thing about the reimbursement. Usually they won't pay anything back to you until after you finish classes and show them you didn't fail. So it's less about will UPS reimburse me, and more about do I have the money to put up first so UPS can reimburse me after I finish the class.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

True merit is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.

You are noisy...noisy doesn't last at UPS.