I have a couple questions about preloading

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are two types of misloads---wrong car and wrong shelf. Wrong car is when the package is loaded in the right location but is on the wrong pkg car. Wrong shelf us when it is on the right car but is not loaded where it is supposed to be. While no misloads is ideal, the latter is preferred over the former.

Pkgs are scanned and a label applied to tell the loaders what car it is for and where it is to be loaded on that car. My lane is 22 so pkgs for my car would look like this: 22DB-6234. This means lane 22, my initials and load position 6234.

Misloads are service failures.

bobybooshay

There are two types of misloads---wrong car and wrong shelf. Wrong car is when the package is loaded in the right location but is on the wrong pkg car. Wrong shelf us when it is on the right car but is not loaded where it is supposed to be. While no misloads is ideal, the latter is preferred over the former.

Pkgs are scanned and a label applied to tell the loaders what car it is for and where it is to be loaded on that car. My lane is 22 so pkgs for my car would look like this: 22DB-6234. This means lane 22, my initials and load position 6234.

Okay thanks a lot

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

:blahblah:
8 years of loading...and I have NEVER heard of a package that is placed on the wrong shelf be classified as a misload. The exception being an air in the load....as that would result in a service failure. Do you make this schnit up as you go along??

bobybooshay

8 years of loading...and I have NEVER heard of a package that is placed on the wrong shelf be classified as a misload. The exception being an air in the load....as that would result in a service failure. Do you make this schnit up as you go along??
What is a misload then?

Sent using BrownCafe App

J

jibbs

A misload is what happens when you fail to read and comprehend the PAL label on the package.

A PAL label is what tells you where the packages go.

A first day is when you go into work for the first time ever and they explain these kinds of things to you.

Good luck, don't forget your water and if you stick with it for longer than a day or two then you should know you've got more follow-through than 95% of the new hires that come through the door around here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What is a misload then?

A package in the wrong truck.

We have already shown that this is just one of the two basic types of misloads.

A third type, which some may say is not really a misload, are out of sync PALs. I contend they are still a misload because the loader is supposed to check the PAL against the address on the package. Others say they are taught to load based on the PAL alone. Out of sync PALs can have a domino effect depending on how long before the SPA person realizes what they are doing. I can recall one day where we had upward of 30 out of syncs in our center.

J

jibbs

I contend they are still a misload because the loader is supposed to check the PAL against the address on the package.

Yeah, and scanners in the unload are supposed to get the stickers on the right boxes. You want the :censored2: to roll downhill? Loaders know how to let that snowball roll right on past 'em....

If there's one thing I've learned at UPS over the past couple years, it's that there's always someone else to deflect the blame onto. Worst part of that lesson is that I learned it from FTers in my center.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah, and scanners in the unload are supposed to get the stickers on the right boxes. You want the :censored2: to roll downhill? Loaders know how to let that snowball roll right on past 'em....

If there's one thing I've learned at UPS over the past couple years, it's that there's always someone else to deflect the blame onto. Worst part of that lesson is that I learned it from FTers in my center.
Hey jibbs,
Screenshot_2014-08-15-10-00-19.png

BrownTexas

Yeah.... I would have 20 misloads a day if wrong shelf was a misload. This is why they "instruct" us to go through our entire car by 3.