I have a question for everyone.

ToteHoarder

We had DIAD training that said to sheet damaged packages as missed with a DMG remark. Guy did what the training said. ORS went ballistic and said never to do that, and sheet it NI or CL instead.

And that's just one reason I'll consider any tale told here on BC to be credible, no matter how outlandish it may seem, because UPS most certainly is not.

Yeah, same thing happened to me. The DIAD 6 has a way to now sheet [NON DELIVER > DAMAGED]

vvv

Let’s be intellectually honest here. Buddy didn’t get fired for having a few duplicate stops in his board. He got fired for taking a long steamy on company time. “Padding stops” is just their excuse.

Now you can argue about what the contract says, what OSHA says, what the methods are. You can argue about all that until you’re blue in the face. Was all this hassle really worth the extra $10 or $20? Is this hill worth dying on? I don’t think so. I wouldn’t.

Do the right thing and go on break if you’re dropping a deuce. Think about how the guys who are in progression would look at you. The union has finite resources to advocate for its members. There’s guys who are having their jobs threatened bc they are slow learners or made honest mistakes due to inexperience. Meanwhile here’s a 20 year driver who wanted to milk the clock. How shamefuY
I can't believe you'd come on here telling people it's the right thing to do to go on break if taking a dump.
Piss poor comment, piss poor advice, and poor you if you do so yourself.

Trucker Clock

Or the company was trying to make an example because it’s that’s time of year and they want to scare everyone.

Yep. Firing a 23 year driver makes people take notice.

That's what makes me laugh about this whole situation. Everybody here saying "such and such is how you really do it"... But what if he never got that training? At least a few people in these threads never did, and I never did.

Granted. I have not been to Integrad. I'm not sure how they train the newer drivers. But, we were trained on duplicate stops and it was actually a very hot topic some years back.

But, if you were never trained on duplicate stops, how can they fire you? And from the OP's post, it seems like he knew not to record them as separate stops if delivered to one location, or if he had to go back to the same stop. So it looks like he remembered the training.

Who cares about their planned day?

Exactly. Don't go fudging numbers to make yourself look better, even if it just to stay off the radar.

Funny that none of the 3 management people that lurk here haven't responded lately. They never comment on their dishonesty. Sad life to live. We can all do our jobs by the book but they have to lie, cheat and steal to be employed.

It's OK for management to "fudge" numbers to keep their boss off their backs, but if a driver does it to keep his boss of his back, TERMINATED.

Thebrownblob

Yep. Firing a 23 year driver makes people take notice.

Granted. I have not been to Integrad. I'm not sure how they train the newer drivers. But, we were trained on duplicate stops and it was actually a very hot topic some years back.

But, if you were never trained on duplicate stops, how can they fire you? And from the OP's post, it seems like he knew not to record them as separate stops if delivered to one location, or if he had to go back to the same stop. So it looks like he remembered the training.

Exactly. Don't go fudging numbers to make yourself look better, even if it just to stay off the radar.

It's OK for management to "fudge" numbers to keep their boss off their backs, but if a driver does it to keep his boss of his back, TERMINATED.
I have seen many managers walked out for fudging numbers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yep. Never mentioned at Integrad or when my ORS was with me. Only time the word "duplicate" ever came up was regarding multiple packages with the same tracking number.

That's what makes me laugh about this whole situation. Everybody here saying "such and such is how you really do it"... But what if he never got that training? At least a few people in these threads never did, and I never did.

Clearly whatever method this is is not being universally adhered to.

Some people use a little common sense and either ask the boss not a bunch of swinging dicks on a forum or figure it out for themselves before they get fired

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Funny that none of the 3 management people that lurk here haven't responded lately. They never comment on their dishonesty. Sad life to live. We can all do our jobs by the book but they have to lie, cheat and steal to be employed.
They’ve been busy trying to scam part timers out of thier overtime

Nah
Some people use a little common sense and either ask the boss not a bunch of swinging dicks on a forum or figure it out for themselves before they get fired
Why even ask. Seems like the natural thing to do would be just to sheet it up and deliver it. Leave it to UPS to make it so complicated and controversial.

Thebrownblob

Why even ask. Seems like the natural thing to do would be just to sheet it up and deliver it. Leave it to UPS to make it so complicated and controversial.
Well, in this instance, I did ask, they don’t know. At least in my location they have implemented, new technology, and do not even know how to use it their selves.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
771C47B8-357E-4E11-BC8B-7532F69899E2.gif

Trucker Clock

Pretty much what I thought would happen. Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

I'm glad he got back also.

I thought the same. It's the games they like to play.

Again, I agree. Although there is one scenario that they could be playing out. They may have every intention of not hearing the case at the Panel. They may plan on offering him is job back the day before the panel, without backpay. And as @oldngray said, make an example out of him for others.

And you know he will take it.

I’ve been in the hallway of a hotel, of where the panel was being held, after they made the grievant drive three hours to go to a panel and then say return to work Monday.