I have a question how peak works

mellinger58

i just became a full time driver in September and now I'm seeing a lot of seasonal driver when they have me work the preload. Is that normal?

PT Car Washer

Trying to get the new guys up to speed. No it is not right and you may have a legitimate grievance. But since you have only been here since Sept. may want to stay off the radar.

mellinger58

Trying to get the new guys up to speed. No it is not right and you may have a legitimate grievance. But since you have only been here since Sept. may want to stay off the radar.
I was a part time employee for 2 year and if you may can you tell me why I would want to stay under the radar.

By The Book

You should be paid your gaurantee(8hours) I would think if they are having other drivers with less or no seniority drive before you. This should be looked into with your business agent soon.

UPSGUY72

i just became a full time driver in September and now I'm seeing a lot of seasonal driver when they have me work the preload. Is that normal?

I take it that your building doesn't have a single steward or your local doesn't have a BA either. If I was having issues that your where having I be asking one of them not people on BC from different area of the country where things might work differently.

However you said you became a FT driver in Sept so you most likely haven't made your 30 days yet. That could play a roll in your current situation or maybe you got DQ and just have overlooked that point and your working where you are suppose to.

BrownTexas

It doesn't matter if your full time or a TCD. Someone with less seniority than you shouldn't be driving. Even if they are training you have a right to drive before them. I would show up to drive and if they didn't have anything for me I would go home and file an 8 hour grievance.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It doesn't matter if your full time or a TCD. Someone with less seniority than you shouldn't be driving. Even if they are training you have a right to drive before them. I would show up to drive and if they didn't have anything for me I would go home and file an 8 hour grievance.
8 hour grievance? Talk about writers cramp.

Bottom rung

To all the responses telling him to keep quiet. What would you do if you had bills to pay and were being bumped? Keep quiet? Our contact is only as strong as the members with the backbone to enforce it. If they keep getting away with breaking the contract why should we even have one? If you have the brass to stand up for yourself then go tell your oc that you want to drive.

J

jibbs

To all the responses telling him to keep quiet. What would you do if you had bills to pay and were being bumped? Keep quiet? Our contact is only as strong as the members with the backbone to enforce it. If they keep getting away with breaking the contract why should we even have one? If you have the brass to stand up for yourself then go tell your oc that you want to drive.

::cue standing ovation::

200.gif