I have just been told I am transitioning to permanent hire.

I have been working the reload shift beginning November until now. I have busted my ass off and taken the hardest job on the sort, loading the freight trailers/building walls (working the belt might be harder), all while jumping as well just to show my reliability. I am glad to be part of the family. IDK if I should get into deep with UPS though because current drivers tell me I have a longggg way to go to a driver position due to seniority. I am currently at the bottom, bottom of seniority as well (at least for reload, Idk about preload). Question: are both preload and reload aggragated into the same "part time" seniority group or are they separated. Also, a fellow seasonal employee turned permanent hire, like me, told me we will be getting a 2$ pay raise upon becoming permanent. Is this true? I am currently earning 11$. Sorry for the rant. #GladToBeHere. PS: I am only 21 if that matters.

Not at all. It just seems like every single post is covered with negativity and put downs by the vets. I just asked for some answers to the questions I posed and some congrats maybe lol? Not people trying to make put downs. But w-e post what you may.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have been working the reload shift beginning November until now. I have busted my ass off and taken the hardest job on the sort, loading the freight trailers/building walls (working the belt might be harder), all while jumping as well just to show my reliability. I am glad to be part of the family. IDK if I should get into deep with UPS though because current drivers tell me I have a longggg way to go to a driver position due to seniority. I am currently at the bottom, bottom of seniority as well (at least for reload, Idk about preload). Question: are both preload and reload aggragated into the same "part time" seniority group or are they separated. Also, a fellow seasonal employee turned permanent hire, like me, told me we will be getting a 2$ pay raise upon becoming permanent. Is this true? I am currently earning 11$. Sorry for the rant. #GladToBeHere. PS: I am only 21 if that matters.
Not at all. It just seems like every single post is covered with negativity and put downs by the vets. I just asked for some answers to the questions I posed and some congrats maybe lol? Not people trying to make put downs. But w-e post what you may.

Basically, depending on your location, you may have a very long time before you can bid on a full-time job. And, I don't believe you will receive a raise beyond your present rate when/if you become a permanent employee.

How's that for positive?

BrownTexas

It's the Internet. People don't need your permission to post what they want, thug life. You ask random people on the Internet questions you could find out in 2 seconds at work. What did you expect? A parade? A gift card to Red Lobster? Oatmeal creme pie little Debbie snacks? Welcome to UPS. If you cant take the comments from BC, the PT sups are going to have a field day with you.

barnyard

KTM rider
Maybe, instead of posting a thread expecting pats on the back, you sit back, read more and post less. Learn a bit about the community and then maybe post.

In the meantime, search around a bit and find out how many people last year started the same topic and quit within 3 months. Just because you got hired, does not mean it will be all rainbows and unicorns.

and watch the profanity.

barnyard

KTM rider
The noob says now.

Good luck with that.

Peak is different than any other season at UPS. If there is a problem, they throw more people at it. Just wait till summer vacation season hits. I think that is way tougher than peak.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I survived peak homie while handling one of the most grueling jobs in my hub homie. The rest of 2015 up until OCT. will be a cakewalk.

I worked at UPS for 34 1/2 years. I worked there for 15 years before you were born. I started when you were just random cells floating around in your parents' genitals.

It scares me that people like you are the future of UPS, homie.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It's the Internet. People don't need your permission to post what they want, thug life. You ask random people on the Internet questions you could find out in 2 seconds at work. What did you expect? A parade? A gift card to Red Lobster? Oatmeal creme pie little Debbie snacks? Welcome to UPS. If you cant take the comments from BC, the PT sups are going to have a field day with you.

Everybody's at different phases of life. He's young and getting the job is a big deal for him. Not all of us are retired and spend all our time on BC spewing garbage/putting down others. Good for him, it's great to work with people who are enthusiastic about the job.

To answer his questions:
- Starting pay is $10, with a $1 premium available for "skilled" positions. No raises until after you've been here a year... sorry, you won't get that $2.
- You're competing with all PTers (regardless of shift/classification) within your building for FT positions.
- Wait times vary from facility to facility. At mine, UPS didn't take a single FTer in nearly 10 years, but in the last 2+ has taken so many, and had so few PTers qualify, that it hired off the street.