I have received a ban threat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hoaxter the management mod really enjoys deleting my posts in responses to poats that took shots at me and my 6 year iold son.

He has issued me a warning already because things are getting heated in a thread that he has started. http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/union-rips-off-part-timers.240549/

What sis he think would happen? a non operational manager (mod) starts this kind of thread to get a rise out of people. And then you have the two company suck ups chime in on nothing that they know and start with personal attacks. Of course I'm going to fight back.

Now Hoax if you want to ban me? ban me! I don't care! Everyone here will know what really happened.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
He's a witch! BURN HIM!!!

I believe that in the few minutes your posts were up, if others read what you wrote, they would agree with the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxter the management mod really enjoys deleting my posts in responses to poats that took shots at me and my 6 year iold son.

He has issued me a warning already because things are getting heated in a thread that he has started. http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/union-rips-off-part-timers.240549/

What sis he think would happen? a non operational manager (mod) starts this kind of thread to get a rise out of people. And then you have the two company suck ups chime in on nothing that they know and start with personal attacks. Of course I'm going to fight back.

Now Hoax if you want to ban me? ban me! I don't care! Everyone here will know what really happened.

This is a fine post that presents your point of view very professionally and in a controlled manner with acceptable respect for other members on BC.

Fortunately the other members can not see your posts that I deleted because they were not acceptable posts.

If you feel I was being heavy-handed, please take it up with Cheryl. She, of course can see what you posted and the posts that I deleted of yours, Upstate and Living the dream. I feel I am acting on her behalf to keep this a family-oriented site where people are respectable of one another and their views.

Cheryl has provided the means for any member to report posts that are flames, insulting and unacceptable.

We react as quickly as we can to delete those posts or portions thereof to keep this site under control.

Thanks for your posts and input Red.
Hoax

705red

Browncafe Steward
This is a fine post that presents your point of view very professionally and in a controlled manner with acceptable respect for other members on BC.

Fortunately the other members can not see your posts that I deleted because they were not acceptable posts.

If you feel I was being heavy-handed, please take it up with Cheryl. She, of course can see what you posted and the posts that I deleted of yours, Upstate and Living the dream. I feel I am acting on her behalf to keep this a family-oriented site where people are respectable of one another and their views.

Cheryl has provided the means for any member to report posts that are flames, insulting and unacceptable.

We react as quickly as we can to delete those posts or portions thereof to keep this site under control.

Thanks for your posts and input Red.
Hoax
You deleted my posts and left theirs up! you were able to read theirs but choose not to act! You are moderating selectively! And that is BS!

There's a time to joke which you and I do a lot and there's a time to be serious. But for you to start a thread saying that the union sells out part timers was wrong seeing its been years that you have been in any operation. Even after others pointed out that the company sells out the part timers you continued to joke. That is not a joking thread to a lot of us that work at UPS in the operations.

Then you all upstate to take a shot at my 6 year old son? friend him! And living the dream! You deleted my replies and allowed theirs to stay until just now were you deleted all of them.

If any wants to take shots at my family i will take truthful shots back at them. Not one of my posts were a lie! 100% truthful was every thing i posted!

Maybe having a management mod on this site is not the best thing for this site, especially if you have the powers to look in to everything and you could start singling people out at work for what they post on here.

I'm not going to lie, I do not like upstate or living the dream or what ever he calls himself today and I try to avoid them both but when you allow them to say what they do then you should allow others.

We need a smack talk forum were we can go at it!

And if I see other shots at my family you better have your finger on that ban button because i will put them in their place to!

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I am being completely serious here - I think you misread or misinterpreted what was written by Upstate.

NOBODY here will tolerate attacks on family members, no matter who makes them, no matter who is the target - that is a no-no.

No matter how much I dislike you - and I do dislike you immensely- I would stand by your side in that battle, because I tolerate attacks on family, children, not at all.

I read what was written by Upstate. I did not at all see what you got so hot about, and your vicious reply was uncalled for.

With regards to the Original Post in question - I don't speak for Hoaxster, but I appreciate a good thread starter when I see one. I believe that is all it was. Cracking eggs to make an omlette & all that...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You deleted my posts and left theirs up! you were able to read theirs but choose not to act! You are moderating selectively! And that is BS!

There's a time to joke which you and I do a lot and there's a time to be serious. But for you to start a thread saying that the union sells out part timers was wrong seeing its been years that you have been in any operation. Even after others pointed out that the company sells out the part timers you continued to joke. That is not a joking thread to a lot of us that work at UPS in the operations.

Maybe having a management mod on this site is not the best thing for this site, especially if you have the powers to look in to everything and you could start singling people out at work for what they post on here.

I'm not going to lie, I do not like upstate or living the dream or what ever he calls himself today and I try to avoid them both but when you allow them to say what they do then you should allow others.

We need a smack talk forum were we can go at it!

And if I see other shots at my family you better have your finger on that ban button because i will put them in their place to!

Red,
I deleted the other guys posts as soon as you pointed them out to me - before 10 pm. Well before you started this thread. If I had seen their posts first, I would have deleted them. None of the ones I deleted were appropriate.

Also, you conveniently left out the fact that I said I would ban you "until" Cheryl could weigh in on the situation.

In regards to whether people at Corporate care about who is posting on this site ... you take yourself way to seriously. I believe (no proof that they do but I think so) they monitor the site to get a "pulse" of what people are thinking.
If Corporate wanted to know about an individual, I'm sure they could find somebody to hack into this site, just like any other site, and mine the information.

Talk to Cheryl about having a smack talk site. That is her decision.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,
I deleted the other guys posts as soon as you pointed them out to me - before 10 pm. Well before you started this thread. If I had seen their posts first, I would have deleted them. None of the ones I deleted were appropriate.

So you just posted a reply right underneath it without reading what was written? i find that very hard to believe! You knew what you were doing the whole time! Probably thought it was funny! But i didnt!!!!

Or either your management skills are carrying over here?

Also, you conveniently left out the fact that I said I would ban you "until" Cheryl could weigh in on the situation.

I said that you said that you would ban me, is this not what you said? You were going to ban me because i reacted to posts that you failed to notice. The same post's that i quoted which you deleted what i wrote?

In regards to whether people at Corporate care about who is posting on this site ... you take yourself way to seriously. I believe (no proof that they do but I think so) they monitor the site to get a "pulse" of what people are thinking.
If Corporate wanted to know about an individual, I'm sure they could find somebody to hack into this site, just like any other site, and mine the information.

Really? Didnt stug get a suspension for what he posted on here? Whats to stop you from passing out everyones ip address when we post something that big brother does not like?

Talk to Cheryl about having a smack talk site. That is her decision.
I thought you were making all the decisions now?

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
There are a variety of tools that a moderator can employ in order to carry out his or her duties efficiently. These range from the basic (editing of posts, maybe even deleting of posts) to the advanced (locking of threads, avatar and signature alteration).

These powers are there to be routinely abused; for example, a thread can be locked yet some moderators will still post on it regardless, denying a basic right of reply to the OP or the poster who apparently caused the thread to be locked in the first place.
As a result, moderators are often some of the worst (or best, depending on your point of view) internet trolls, which doesn't stop them from accusing others of trolling at every opportunity. Should a moderator start losing an argument on a thread, they will often use the aforementioned powers, like deleting everything, in order to attempt to beat a dignified retreat. Either that, or go running to the admin

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't think IP Addresses are enough information to narrow it down to a user. That only narrows it down to the server location of the ISP.

I was thinking more about information that a user supplies when they register that neither I nor any of the other Mods have access to.

Also, I agree I did fall down on my Mod duties in not reading completely though the other posts on the thread.
I have determined that was probably due to the fact that I have the posts listed in most recent order first (anyone can do this in their CP Profile options).
I may change this since this situation pointed out the problems of not reading the posts chronologically.

I'm not going to go on and on about what he said/you said. You have the PMs as well as I.

I ask you to complain to Cheryl so she can provide me guidance. My sincere goal was to stop all the inappropriate back and forth flaming and language, of which none was directed at me. There was nothing selective except in the time between the various posts I deleted. If you had used the prescribed method to the report the offending posts, they would have been deleted first.

I apologize if I overstepped my MOD responsibilities and authority.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have learned that it is usually a bad idea to respond to a post if it is making me angry.

Instead, I will mentally process it for an hour or so before I choose to respond. That way, I am not reacting out of anger thereby making the problem worse.

I also refuse to take things personally or allow myself to get drawn into a flame war. The best way to do this is to avoid using the word "you" in a post as much as possible.

Respond to the post, not the poster. If it is necessary to refer to the poster, do so in the third person rather than saying "you".

It is an intellectual exercise that will make for a more serene internet experience, as well as frustrating the individual who is trying to draw you into a personal argument for their own twisted amusement.

satellitedriver

There are a variety of tools that a moderator can employ in order to carry out his or her duties efficiently. These range from the basic (editing of posts, maybe even deleting of posts) to the advanced (locking of threads, avatar and signature alteration).

These powers are there to be routinely abused; for example, a thread can be locked yet some moderators will still post on it regardless, denying a basic right of reply to the OP or the poster who apparently caused the thread to be locked in the first place.
As a result, moderators are often some of the worst (or best, depending on your point of view) internet trolls, which doesn't stop them from accusing others of trolling at every opportunity. Should a moderator start losing an argument on a thread, they will often use the aforementioned powers, like deleting everything, in order to attempt to beat a dignified retreat. Either that, or go running to the admin

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

These powers are there to be routinely abused;
Baloney,
These abuses may apply to other sites you visit, but they do not apply to the moderating staff of Brown Cafe.

redshift1

What do you expect when you post inflammatory comments based on questionable facts.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm a big fan of forum moderation. I frequent a quite a few message boards and the best ones all have strong moderating teams. I think the BC team does a great job and the site clearly benefits from their actions, it's much nicer than it was when it was essentially unmoderated.

This is the first time I have seen a moderator:
a) Start an inflammatory thread that was clearly designed to push the buttons of a lot of posters here.

b) Participate in the thread, cheering on his supporters and taking jabs at those who disagreed with him.

c) Ultimately use his mod powers to harass and threaten his most vocal and articulate opponent.

I like Hoax, I think he's smart and often funny. I think what he did here was wrong.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm a big fan of forum moderation. I frequent a quite a few message boards and the best ones all have strong moderating teams. I think the BC team does a great job and the site clearly benefits from their actions, it's much nicer than it was when it was essentially unmoderated.

This is the first time I have seen a moderator:
a) Start an inflammatory thread that was clearly designed to push the buttons of a lot of posters here.

b) Participate in the thread, cheering on his supporters and taking jabs at those who disagreed with him.

c) Ultimately use his mod powers to harass and threaten his most vocal and articulate opponent.

I like Hoax, I think he's smart and often funny. I think what he did here was wrong.

a) and b) - guilty as charged

c) I disagree - The posts I deleted and that Red keep re-posting had absolutely nothing to do with the thread. They were simply attacks on other members of BC. Those other members' posts that were inappropriate (and nothing to do with the thread) were deleted and they did not get offended that their posts were deleted/edited.

In hindsight, I should have had one of the other Mods moderate this thread. Definitely learned a lesson on this one. Truth is irrelevant; perception is everything as they say.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I haven't kept up with this thread.
At this point I see apologies have been made, points have been taken, flames have stopped.
Lets move on, and have a great, beautius day.

705red

Browncafe Steward
This was my first pm from hoax.

Red.
All you do is make your self look like an stupid ******* with these post.
Please control yourself.
I am actually doing you a favor.

Also, I did not see Upstates post and I deleted the part about your son once you pointed it out.

What the **** is wrong with you guys ... you are acting like a bunch of stupidass teenagers ... get a grip All of you.

This is my warning one minute later after everything was already posted!

Dear 705red,

You have received a warning at Brown Cafe.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

Red,
You either settle down and start acting like an adult or I will ban you from this site. You can then take it up with Cheryl when she gets back.
This is the final warning.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Brown Cafe

Its the next morninh and im still hot over this. So heres the pm's and warning that i receieved. I of course removed the post that got ME in trouble but i still stand by my posts. This was selectice moderation at best or just an attempt to side against me and cheer on his folllowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.