I Hearby Grant You All The Day Off With Full Pay With All The Cake You Can Eat!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had cake, coffee and orange juice. They handed out handsome plaques for 20, 25, 30 and 35 years. I snagged one for hitting 20 this year.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were offered cake, water, granola bars, and fruit. Years of Service Plaques were handed out. We had one driver to get his Circle of Honor Jacket six months after he earned it. His wife and son were allowed to witness this. He was off today and looked great in that tan jacket with blue jean shorts.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
3 dozen doughnuts and a gallon of OJ, here. 2 years of service awards, 1 for 30 years, 1 for 20 years. The funny thing about the 20 year award........................... the driver is on lay-off right now. Yep! You read that right. He is on lay-off. Why? you ask. Well, he transferred into our ctr about 2 years ago so he doesn't have enough ctr seniority to drive. He is working pre-load and local sort.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Founder's Day ain't what it used to be.:sad-little: It was our first day in a new center (our old center has been disbanded so a bunch of us moved to a new building) so we got Krispy Kremes, but that wasn't our Founder's Day surprise. Instead we all got to work over 12 hours.

I liked it better when we just got cake and a speech....

hdtvtechno

When i was working.. they used to treat us to some breakfast in the morning every 2 weeks.. if there weren't any Injurys reported..

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think we're going to be dissapointed today. We were told not to buy anything for founders day for cost cutting. We were also told to not buy anything out of pocket so that the entire district would be consistent.
I'm in Tie's district, and we were definitely consistent. I did not hear one word about Founders day, if I hadn't seen this thread I might not have even realized what day it was.

browndevil

Got nada, nothing, zilch! Oh ya a pcm about how Jim Casey said we are all partners or something. I was too busy stretching my old bones. Couldn't hear athing!

whiskey

we didn't even get a cake this year. No one in the office said a word about founder's day.......
We had a company picnic Saturday and Sunday replete with softball games, beer drinking, and loads of family fun for the kids, including petting zoo, pony rides and small carnival rides. Not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just found out on UPSers.com that I was supposed to receive a plaque for my 20 yrs of service on Friday. Maybe it will be in my slot when I come in Monday morning.:dissapointed:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I just found out on UPSers.com that I was supposed to receive a plaque for my 20 yrs of service on Friday. Maybe it will be in my slot when I come in Monday morning.:dissapointed:
Funny you should say that, on Friday a guy in my group found his 10 year plaque stuck in his diad slot after he got finished up with his 10 hour day. We were standing there kind of scratching our heads going "What's this all about?" Then the OMS said "Isn't it Founder's day or something?" Then it made sense.

filthpig

We should wrap the founders in copper and surround them with magnets. Their rolling in their graves would produce enough energy to light Pittsburgh.