Tomorrow, well tonight actually, a crew of us are going in for 6th punch. About half as many drivers on route but 25% of today's pieces. It'll be easy to smash out.

So instead of hiring seasonals who stay and are worth it, they're giving us "special pay" of $12.50, which will be sixth punch $19.

Why don't they just pay us $19 during peak if we have a year seniority?

Why can't you start workers at 12.50 when you make it base pay on weekend work?

Not only that, where does our free time go, we will wrap at 10am Sat, after 70h of 6pm/10am, 12am/8am, with shifting schedules interrupting sleep which is a pillar of safety. Sunday night 6pm be at it again?

12.50 starting preload and real wages for driver progression and they wouldn't even need seasonals. Which they can't get and quit at break or just never show.

One of my drivers slipped me a 20 again this week. That helps, but me giving him a pretty car five days a week shouldn't come out of his pocket after uncle sam's. I don't mind doing it at regular pay. Custom jobs and custom bulk jobs is what UPS should teach and open lines of communication between driver and loader.

What is their logic to paying out the bum for seasonals, when they could just pay us more? They're shelling out 500 a week bonus somewhere near me 15 an hour. Give me a break.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Tomorrow, well tonight actually, a crew of us are going in for 6th punch. About half as many drivers on route but 25% of today's pieces. It'll be easy to smash out.

So instead of hiring seasonals who stay and are worth it, they're giving us "special pay" of $12.50, which will be sixth punch $19.

Not only that, where does our free time go, we will wrap at 10am Sat, after 70h of 6pm/10am, 12am/8am, with shifting schedules interrupting sleep which is a pillar of safety. Sunday night 6pm be at it again?

12.50 starting preload and real wages for driver progression and they wouldn't even need seasonals. Which they can't get and quit at break or just never show.

One of my drivers slipped me a 20 again this week. That helps, but me giving him a pretty car five days a week shouldn't come out of his pocket after uncle sam's. I don't mind doing it at regular pay. Custom jobs and custom bulk jobs is what UPS should teach and open lines of communication between driver and loader.

What is their logic to paying out the bum for seasonals, when they could just pay us more? They're shelling out 500 a week bonus somewhere near me 15 an hour. Give me a break.

You are still relatively new.

It gets worse, believe me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Because they don’t like us... and they like the seasonal because well.....

BeachBoy

Learn the system, make it work for you. They are going to pay what they want. Once the sort is finished, I do cleanup, and, if I have time to kill I go over to the box line the truck I driver help on is. BS a bit, look for the 20 or so inevitable misloads, then maybe stack irregs in the car. I punch out when my driver is getting ready to go, and work for 6 hours.
I manage to take home about 1k a week during peak by making the OT work.
It's worth putting my other job on hold for.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
B433921B-1658-4DCF-99A0-0274DEDB06FF.gif

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
"Not caring" is how I'm surviving this forced 6th punch BS. Aside from being angry at having to give up half of my weekend, I'm actually having fun seeing just how slow and careless I can perform my duties for 8 hours at nearly $54/hour.
Yep I am about to drag my ass in and collect some easy cash working as slowly and safely as possible