I just got hired for preload and driver helper

SneakyC

So how will this work? I live in South louisiana. the HR lady was excited when I went in the interview as driver helper and ask if I could do preload too. there was about 30 people there and I was the only one that asked that and got hired right there on the spotrucks everyone else had to go to orientation . this was yesterday she even called me last night and asked if I could come in and work at 5:30 this morning but I couldn't cause my uncle passed away yesterday so I had to go out of town. anyways I start monday and the helper are getting 10 and hour and she said she is gonna give me 11 an hour. will it be easier to get hired on as PT after seasonal since I'm doing both? and about how many hours a day will i get?

PT Car Washer

So how will this work? I live in South louisiana. the HR lady was excited when I went in the interview as driver helper and ask if I could do preload too. there was about 30 people there and I was the only one that asked that and got hired right there on the spotrucks everyone else had to go to orientation . this was yesterday she even called me last night and asked if I could come in and work at 5:30 this morning but I couldn't cause my uncle passed away yesterday so I had to go out of town. anyways I start monday and the helper are getting 10 and hour and she said she is gonna give me 11 an hour. will it be easier to get hired on as PT after seasonal since I'm doing both? and about how many hours a day will i get?
Our helpers are $15/hr. Should have held out for a better offer. Also PT are getting an $80/wk bonus.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
The bonus is paid to new hires because of the low starting wages. As soon as the sort is fully staffed the bonus will go away.
That's stupid...I think they should be paid more but wtf is the point of a bonus...anyway do we get 8 hours holiday pay for Black Friday and paid for hours worked?

PT Car Washer

That's stupid...I think they should be paid more but wtf is the point of a bonus...anyway do we get 8 hours holiday pay for Black Friday and paid for hours worked?
I agree that a Union job should have Union wages and not minimum wages. The only way UPS can fill PT jobs anymore. One guy figured it out that with the bonus UPS is paying $16/hr on a 17 1/2 hour week. More then a starting PT sup. UPS can't fill PT sup positions anymore because of the low wage. Also can't fill FT PE mechanic and package car mechanic jobs because of the low starting wages.

SneakyC

Yeah you don't get thato many hours so the low starting wages are. if it was still only 8.50 an hour that would suck and only getting maybe 20 hours. I heard the benifits are great and the tuition reimbursement is nice. I hear the turnover rate is pretty high

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Well I heard of helpers only getting paid 8.50 some places.
I heard the benifits are great and the tuition reimbursement is nice.
I hear the turnover rate is pretty high

You sure hear alot.

Guess you didn't hear about the other 90,000 seasonals that asked the same questions. Too bad you didn't ask your friend in HR who was so enamored by you all these questions instead of some broken-assed random strangers.

SneakyC

Wow my bad man I only got to talk to her for 2 mins. they had to interview 30+ people . yall sure are nice here and yeah I been trying to do some research that's where I been hearing this stuff. I'm guessing 4-5 hours preload than 4-8 hours driver helper from what I've read. I was just trying to get some advice. and since most of yall have worked here for awhile I thought yall would have the answers. I guess it all depends . I guess yall just think of me of some lazy seasonal worker or some :censored2: idk

scooby0048

Wow my bad man I only got to talk to her for 2 mins. they had to interview 30+ people . yall sure are nice here and yeah I been trying to do some research that's where I been hearing this stuff. I'm guessing 4-5 hours preload than 4-8 hours driver helper from what I've read. I was just trying to get some advice. and since most of yall have worked here for awhile I thought yall would have the answers. I guess it all depends . I guess yall just think of me of some lazy seasonal worker or some :censored2: idk

Don't you start on Monday? Here's the best advice you will get, make a list of things you want to know about. When you go in on Monday, take that list and ASK someone in your building like a manager or HR person. They are the only ones who will know about your building's specific needs.

You're right, 4-6 hours preload and 2-8 hours possibly as a helper.

SneakyC

Okay man thanks thay what I wanted to know pretty much. ima bust my ass off and try to impress the driver so I can possibly get hired as PT after Jan 15th it would be nice cause I was planing to go back to school and the hours would be perfect. but that's what I'll do make a lost and ask the HR person what I want to know . I know it's rare to get hired after being a helper but I hoping by doing both preload and helper it will show them my dedication and how bad idea like to work at UPS and work my way up my buddy from hschool is a driver now and hesave been working there for 5 or 6 years. his dad is a super at the place I'm at. but like u said everything varies place to place thanks for the responses I'm obviously new here so if I do or say something stupid don't mind me

scooby0048

Okay man thanks thay what I wanted to know pretty much. ima bust my ass off and try to impress the driver so I can possibly get hired as PT after Jan 15th it would be nice cause I was planing to go back to school and the hours would be perfect. but that's what I'll do make a lost and ask the HR person what I want to know . I know it's rare to get hired after being a helper but I hoping by doing both preload and helper it will show them my dedication and how bad idea like to work at UPS and work my way up my buddy from hschool is a driver now and hesave been working there for 5 or 6 years. his dad is a super at the place I'm at. but like u said everything varies place to place thanks for the responses I'm obviously new here so if I do or say something stupid don't mind me
Good luck out there!