I know you didn't ask for this, neither did I but today at work.....

PE Pro

Today at work as I was walking to lunch I saw a porter sitting on a creeper seat sweeping the primary under one of the UNL-16 extendos. The extendo was in the raised position. This an extremely hazardous act that no one seems to care much about. No one is supposed to go under hydraulic raised equipment unless it is either blocked up or lowered all the way. This is a very foolish thing to do. For anyone who may care do yourself a favor, don't do this. This porter couldn't obviously care less. This is really equivalent to jacking up your car and getting under it without jack stands. Sorry but I had 2 today.

In PE we have electrical safety training. We have to wear arc flash protection, we call it PPE,at times when we are working on live electric. I was talking to one of the other maintenance men and he said he very rarely uses it. I was also told that PE management know about it. FYI people die from arc flash injuries. Oh well who really cares if the maintenance man doesn't care enough about himself to wear the PPE. I guess it is ok for the PE management to not enforce it. My experience has shown me that one of the first things out of managements mouth will be "he should have had his PPE on" if a maintenance man is injured or killed when not wearing his PPE. That would be a great time to make an issue out of it. Typical! Whatever!:whatever:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Today at work as I was walking to lunch I saw a porter sitting on a creeper seat sweeping the primary under one of the UNL-16 extendos. The extendo was in the raised position. This an extremely hazardous act that no one seems to care much about. No one is supposed to go under hydraulic raised equipment unless it is either blocked up or lowered all the way. This is a very foolish thing to do. For anyone who may care do yourself a favor, don't do this. This porter couldn't obviously care less. This is really equivalent to jacking up your car and getting under it without jack stands. Sorry but I had 2 today.

In PE we have electrical safety training. We have to wear arc flash protection, we call it PPE,at times when we are working on live electric. I was talking to one of the other maintenance men and he said he very rarely uses it. I was also told that PE management know about it. FYI people die from arc flash injuries. Oh well who really cares if the maintenance man doesn't care enough about himself to wear the PPE. I guess it is ok for the PE management to not enforce it. My experience has shown me that one of the first things out of managements mouth will be "he should have had his PPE on" if a maintenance man is injured or killed when not wearing his PPE. That would be a great time to make an issue out of it. Typical! Whatever!:whatever:

I assume with your authority as a subject matter expert, you pointed this out to the porter and/or his/her management.

PE Poop

Banned
I heard a supervisor today yell at a pter for sitting down on the job. The pter had clearly worked himself to exhaustion since the shift had been running for 15 minutes. yet this supervisor would not let the pter rest.

PE Poop

Banned
I saw a porter trying to stick his arm inside a catch guard to get a package without locking it out. I was so horrified at this dangerous act I immediately ran home to post this on the internet.

PE Pro

I heard a supervisor today yell at a pter for sitting down on the job. The pter had clearly worked himself to exhaustion since the shift had been running for 15 minutes. yet this supervisor would not let the pter rest.

I saw a porter trying to stick his arm inside a catch guard to get a package without locking it out. I was so horrified at this dangerous act I immediately ran home to post this on the internet.
You clearly know the :poop: that goes on in PE. How did you ever become so smart?